Table of Contents
Todays’ topic mainly deals with the issue related to windows 7 stuck on welcome screen. So, here are some of the methods which will help you fix the issue of windows 7 stuck on welcome screen. When a computer is booted up from safe mode, it usually gives you the options listed below:
- Repair your computer
- Safe Mode
- Safe Mode with Networking
- Enable boot logging
- Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- Enable low-resolution video (640×480)
- Last known good configuration (advanced)
- Directory services restore mode
- Debugging mode
- Disable automatic restart on system failure
- Disable driver signature enforcement
- Start Windows normally
Causes of Windows 7 Stuck on Welcome Screen
1. Corrupt System Drivers
When an existing driver needs an update or is corrupt, it can lead to the operating system getting stuck. From time to time, check the status of the system drivers, and upgrade them, or remove them completely if they aren’t necessary.
2. Power outage
When a computer has no power back-up, to provide for sudden power outages, an outage may crash an operating system like Microsoft Windows, and even crash the hard drive. Once the battery of a laptop is dead, it should be changed immediately, or an alternative source of power should be sought to sustain the power supply before logging off. The same is true for a desktop computer. If you live in an area where the electricity is intermittent, please take this caution seriously.
3. System Hardware
Windows 7 stuck on welcome could also be a hardware issue, especially if it keeps recurring after a fresh operating system is installed.
4. Incompatible software
When incompatible software or programs are uploaded into a computer system, there will be a problem. Usually, a message will warn you of this situation. You should take immediate action and pay attention to all error notifications.
5. Failure to update Windows
Microsoft is known for releasing periodic updates to forestall less-than-optimum performance of Windows. Users should accept this opportunity to safeguard computers from malicious invasion and obtain better performance. A system that has dormant for quite a long time could also be responsible for the Stuck Windows Operating System.
6. Computer virus:
The presence of a computer virus in a system can make the entire system freeze, or leave Windows 7 stuck on Welcome screen. To guard against this, you should install reliable anti-virus software and update it constantly.
Microsoft Windows Forum is a very useful tool that offers solutions to most Windows challenges. The “System Restore” option can also help solve Windows being stuck, as it can help you identify the cause of the problem so you can take remedial action.
Formatting the computer is a last resort when all other avenues fail to get Windows unstuck. To install a fresh operating system, the computer will have to be formatted, which means all personal storage will have to go. It can be very painful to lose all the information on a computer system. Therefore, before you resort to formatting the computer, it is advisable to consult an experienced computer engineer or technician to look for an alternative solution.
Solution 3. Run System Checks
Open the command prompt and type the following commands in Command Prompt and press Enter after each of them:
- sfc /scannow
- bootrec /fixmbr
- bootrec /fixboot
- chkdsk c: /f /r
- bootrec /scans
- bootrec /rebuildbcd
You can try repairing system with Windows 7 installation CD: press Shift+F10 to bring up the command prompt window. In the command prompt window, run bootrec.exe.
Solution 4. Perform Startup Repair
The Startup Repair tool can repair Windows by replacing important operating system files that might be damaged or missing. Boot to System Recovery Options and select Startup repair. Then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the repair.
Solution 5: Clean boot troubleshooting
You can try a Clean Boot Troubleshooting method to find which application is causing the problem.
Clean Boot Troubleshooting:
- Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- User Account Control permission.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
- Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup items checkbox.
- Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services checkbox, and then click Disable All.
- Click OK.
- When you prompted, click Restart.
- Check whether the problem resolved.
Also, you need to uninstall and reinstall the software on your computer.
Reset the Computer to start as usual
- After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:
- Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue. On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
- When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.
Boot in Safe Mode:
- Click Start, type MSCONFIG in the Search Bar
- Press Enter to start the System Configuration Utility.
- Click the Services tab, check the Hide All Microsoft Services box and click Disable All (if it is not gray).
- Click the Startup tab, click Disable All and click OK
- Restart the computer and test the issue.
If the problem does not occur in Clean Boot, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to narrow down the problem.
So, these steps and methods related to the fix of windows 7 stuck on welcome screen. And if you are facing the same issue then you can go for the methods mentioned above.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)-
Question: How to fix windows 7 welcome screen stuck
Ans: 1. Insert the Microsoft Windows bootable driver into your Computer and start booting from it.
- Next Choose language preferences and click on the Next button.
- Click Repair your PC.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Next Click Advanced Options.
- Click Startup Repair.
Question: How to Restart Computer
Ans: 1. Press “Ctrl”+”Atl”+”Del” on Keyboard
- Click the Power icon
- Click Restart
- Next, Execution a Hardware Reboot
Question: How to Fix Windows 10 Freezes on Startup or Boot
- Go to Setting and Disable Fast Startup
- Disable AppXSvc
- Restart your Computer
- Reinstall Microsoft Windows
- Unplugging anything that is USB attached
- Update your computer drivers
Question: How do I solve a stuck Windows 10 Welcome Screen?
Ans: 1. Insert the Microsoft Windows bootable driver into your Laptop or PC and start booting from it.
- Choose Language preferences and click on the Next button.
- Hold Shift + “F10” to open Command Prompt.
- Read solution 3. Run System Checks