Today’s topic mainly deals with the issues to fix your windows license will expire soon. So, here are some of the methods listed to fix your windows license expired issue.
Your Windows license will expire soon message is much disturbing and make the user frustrated. But some of the users also reported the following issues as well:
Issues Reported By Windows Users:
- Your Windows license will expire soon but windows is activated: This is the most common problem and many users reported that this message appears even if their Windows is already activated. This type of problem generally appears due to malware or virus present on the computer. So, you should remove the malware from your pc first and check the problem resolved or not. If you are not aware of the steps to remove the malware then you can install Malwarebytes on Windows or Mac desktop. Malwarebytes Will Scan and remove the Malware or virus present on your PC.
- Your Windows license will expire soon HP, Dell, ASUS – According to users, this error message can appear on almost any PC and many HP, ASUS and Dell owners reported this problem on their devices. This can appear due to spyware present on Windows or Mac Pc. You can install PC Matic on your desktop. That is an American made antivirus. Which remove the spyware from your Pc and make it secure.
- Your Windows license will expire soon keeps popping up – This message can be rather annoying because it appears frequently. However, you should be able to fix this problem by using one of our solutions. If you keep getting the annoying pop-up, then you can block that pop-up by following these steps given below. Here 6 Best ways to fix your windows License will expire soon. If you are unable to fix the problem then you can call 1-888-272-9xxx for USA Customers.
6 Methods to Fix Your Windows License Will Expire Soon:
Method 1: Restart Windows Explorer Process
- First, press Ctrl+ Alt + Del. Then click on the Start Task Manager.
- Afterward, the task manager is opened, click on the Processes tab. You will see a large number of processes occupying your RAM. Search for Windows Explorer and right-click on it.
- Then from the drop-down menu that appears click on End Task.
- Now in the topmost bar containing three tabs, namely – File, Options, and View. Click on File.
- Afterward, select the Run New Task.
- A dialog box of Create New Task will appear. Type “explorer.exe” into the text area provided and click OK.
- Now you are halfway down to resolving the issue of your windows license will expire soon in Windows 10.
- Open the Command Prompt. To do the same press Win + X and then click on Command Prompt (Admin).
- In the command prompt, type the following command:
- “slmgr -rearm” (Don’t forget the space after slmgr)
- Then press Enter and close the Command Prompt. After that reboot your device.
Hopefully, the issue would have been resolved by now, and you might not see the irritating message ever again.
Method 2 Update Local Group Policy
- First, open Run by going to the Start menu or simply pressing Win + R.
- Then type “gpedit.msc” and press Enter.
- You will notice that a dialog box of Local Group Policy Editor will be opened.
- In the left pane of the dialog box follow the following hierarchy of search: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Update.
- Afterward having done the following things, you will notice a list of Settings on the right side of the pane of the dialog box.
- Navigate to the setting No auto-restart with logged-on users for scheduled automatic updates installations and double-click on it.
- Another dialog box will appear. Click on Enabled on the left side of the box and click OK.
Method 3: Disable the Services
- First, open the Run terminal by pressing Win + R and then type “services.msc.”
- After the Services dialog box has been opened find Windows License Manager Service and double-click on it to open its properties.
- Now the properties windows will be opened. Click on Stop if Service status is Running.
- After that Select Startup Type as Disabled and click OK.
- Now back in the Services Dialog box locate Windows Update service and double click on it to open its Properties.
- Similarly, Stop the service if it is running and set the Startup Type as Disabled and save the changes.
Following the above steps might resolve the issue of your windows license will expire soon. If you are still facing the problem, then you can call on 1-888-272-9xxx For USA Customers. This is the toll-free number of Customer Service for Windows. The technical team will take care of your query and troubleshoot windows license expired issue for you.
Method 4: Find Your Product Key
- Open the Command Prompt in Administrator mode by using the Win+X key.
- After the Command Prompt has been opened type in the following command:
- wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
- Press Enter. Now you will see your product key in your command prompt. Copy it down in your notepad or note it somewhere.
- Now open the Settings app. Press Win + l for a fast shortcut.
- When the Settings Box opens, click on Update & Security.
- Then click on the Activation tab on the left panel followed by Change product key.
- Then enter the product key you got in Step 2 & hit the Next button.
Hence your Windows will get activated, and the message your windows license will expire soon will fade away into oblivion.
Method 5: Modify Registry Files
Now, this step is to be followed if you have a genuine copy of Windows and get the above issue. We suggest you contact the windows support team because doing changes to the registry file is not easy. Because a wrong modification of registry file can corrupt your windows operating system. So I suggest you should take the expert’s help to diagnose the issue and fix the windows license will expire soon issue for you. Call on 1-888-272-9xxx toll-free number for the USA. Follow the steps given below if you want to do it yourself. Follow the steps at your own risk. It’s quite a common and well-used fix.
Steps to Edit the Registry Files:
- Open Run by pressing Win + R and then type “regedit“.
- When the Registry Editor is open, click on File -> Export.
- Afterward, click on All as the Export range and after specifying a proper location click on Save.
- The above steps have been followed just in case anything untoward happens. If so, run the file you just saved and your registry will be back to its original state.
- Now, after exporting the registry open the Command Prompt in Admin mode using the Win+X key.
- Then type in the following command and press Enter.
- reg add “HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Software Protection Platform” /v NoGenTicket /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
Method 6: Use Activation Troubleshoot
Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open Start Menu and then search for Setting in the search bar.
- In that go to Update & Security.
- A number of activation errors would be displayed on the window when opened, click on Activation option from the left pane.
- Thereafter, launch Activation Troubleshoot and you are good to go.
The Troubleshooter would do all the necessary checks and detect the problem and fix them too. Once troubleshooting is finished, close the Troubleshooter.
So, these were the methods that would help you fix the issue of the windows license expired.