We will discuss here the topic “how to disable flash in chrome Windows”.
Flash exposes your computers to several high-security risks and it might be a good idea to disable Flash in Chrome on all your devices, including Windows machines. This really does not mean that you won’t be able to use the websites still utilizing this plugin, including the mass favorite YouTube, as you can alter the settings to have it run when needed. You will have the choice to disable Flash plugin completely or when the Flash player is allowed to run. So, directly coming on to the steps.
Steps to Disable Flash Player in Chrome:
Follow these steps to disable Flash in Chrome and get rid of the security vulnerabilities.
- The very first step is to go to chrome://settings.
- Click on Show advanced settings.
- Click on the Content settings tab Under the Privacy section.
- In the pop-up windows, under the Plugins section,
- Check the “let me choose when to plugin” content if you want to have the handle of playing flash videos and other items in your browser. This will also rid you of those annoying video ads based on Flash. You can always choose to play them but they won’t run automatically.
- OR else, you can also check the “detect and run important plugin” content if you don’t want the hassle of playing everything by yourself. This option, when it is enabled, will help Chrome moderate when it is necessary to run Flash content on a site. Chrome will automatically run that content for you.
- When you want to view a disabled Flash video or another item on a site then do right click your mouse pointer or control-click it and then select “run this Plugin from the context menu”. Then after your selected video will start playing.
And if in case, you want to completely disable Flash, then better follow the given steps below:
- Under the same Plugins section of the Content settings windows, click on Manage individual plugins
- And then, click on “Disable” to disable Adobe Flash completely.
These are a very few and simple steps to help your machine stay safe from the innumerable vulnerabilities that Adobe Flash exposes you to.
Steps to Disable Flash Player from IE 11
Now coming on to disabling flash in internet explorer. Steps are listed below:
- By launching the Internet Explorer 11 in desktop mode, and then clicking the gear icon and choosing “Manage add-ons” from the menu for displaying the Manage Add-ons window.
- By selecting “all add-ons” from the “show” box for displaying all add-ons installed in Internet Explorer and then by selecting the “shockwave flash object” item.
- Click on the “disable” button near the bottom of the window and then click the “Close” button.
Using ActiveX Filtering
Here, we have another method of disabling flash on windows that is by using ActiveX filtering. Steps are mentioned below:
- The first step is to launch Internet Explorer 11 in desktop mode and select “safety” and then click “ActiveX filtering” to enable it.
- The second step is to navigate to a page that usually displays ads to test the filtering. A blue crossed circle appears in the address bar and flash content is not displayed.
- And then click the blue circle and click the “turn off ActiveX filtering” button if you want to display the flash content.
Enable the Built-in Ad Blocker
- The third method to block that flash in windows is by enabling the built-in adblocker.
- By launching the internet explorer in desktop mode, click the gear icon or click “tools,” and then click “Internet options.”
- By selecting the “privacy” tab and check the “turn on pop-up blocker” box to turn on the ad blocker.
- Click the “Settings” button and then select the blocking level from the “blocking level” box. In order to prevent all pop-up ads, select “High: Block all pop-ups.”
- Click on the “Close” option and then click “Apply” and “OK.”
Steps to Disable Flash Player in Safari:
Now, finally we are going to discuss the steps to disable flash in safari browser, which is listed below:
- Go to the menu bar on top of Safari.
- Click on Safari and then Preferences.
- Click the Security button, then look for internet plug-ins.
- Now click on plug-in settings to open flash settings.
- Uncheck adobe flash player from the left- hand menu.
- And finally, click on done to apply the effect of change.
If the given troubleshooting steps are not enough to disable the flash in the Safari browser, then call at Mac Flash Player Support to get online assistance by expert techies to fix the issue comes while disabling the Safari browser plugin on windows. Windows support service is also available to solve various types of other technical issues affecting the computers.
Remove Flash Player from Windows PC
If you want to completely uninstall Flash Player from your computer, you can use the help of Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller, which was developed by Adobe itself. This is a free portable program that removes Flash and Shockwave from all browsers that use it. It can be downloaded from the Adobe website. After downloading the program, close all browsers and double-click the installation file to run it.
Click the UNINSTALL button (16) to remove Flash from your computer and browsers.