Today’s topic relies on the problem laptop keyboard for all the varied company laptop that we have gotten within the market. So, we’ll, first of all, observe the Hp laptop keyboard not working issue.
Hp laptop keyboard not working
- Power OFF and Restart
- Use Keyboard Shortcuts
- Disable Filter Keys
- Update Keyboard Driver
- Reinstall Keyboard Device
It is recommended that you simply undertake the above methods within the same order as they’re provided below.
Use Keyboard Shortcuts
- Press Windows + Space Keys on the Keyboard of your computer
- Locate the Key with Lock Icon on the Keyboard of your Laptop. looking at the manufacturer of your Laptop, it might be the Escape Key, F10 Key or another key.
- Hold down the Shift key and press the Lock Icon Key.
Disable Filter Keys
The Filter Keys setting in Windows 10 allows the pc to regulate how it deals with accidentally repeated keystrokes. However, this setting can sometimes cause problems with certain Keyboards.
- Right-click on the Start button then click on the Settings Icon.
- On the Settings screen, click on easy Access.
- On the following screen, select Keyboard within the left pane and switch OFF Filter Keys.
Restart your computer and see if the USB Keyboard is now working
Update Keyboard Driver
Your Windows Laptop should automatically update device drivers. However, this might not always happen, leading to device drivers becoming outdated.
- Right-Click on the start button and click on the Device Manager option.
- On the Device Manager screen, right-click on the Keyboard and click on the Update Driver option.
- On the next screen, click on Search Automatically for updated driver software option.
After installing the updated driver, see if the Keyboard is functioning on your computer.
Reinstall Keyboard Device
Another fix is to Uninstall the Keyboard Device and permit Windows 10 to automatically reinstall the device back on your Laptop.
- Right-click on the start button then click on Device Manager.
- On the Device Manager screen, right-click on the Keyboard and click on the Uninstall device option.
- After Uninstalling the device, confirm that you simply Restart your computer.
When your computer Restarts, Windows should automatically reinstall the device back on your computer.
Asus laptop keyboard not working
Troubleshoot the hardware issue
The hardware faculty is probably going to cause the keyboard not working issue on the Asus laptop. you’ll be able to troubleshoot the subsequent hardware:
- Check the keyboard battery. The battery issue is one of the possible hardware faculties.
- Pack up your laptop.
- Remove the battery from your laptop.
- Wait for a few seconds, and connect your laptop with the AC power cord directly.
- Reboot your laptop and check if your keyboard works.
Method 2: Reinstall your keyboard driver
Now, coming on to the Lenovo laptop keyboard not working. There are five methods for you to undertake to mend the problem of Lenovo laptop keyboard not working. you’ll not try them all; just work your way down the list until you discover the one that works for you.
- Restart your computer
- Update the driver
- Press the problem keys diagonally
- Remove the battery and the power cable
- Perform a system restore
Steps to Perform a system restore
- Open control panel.
- View by Small icons and click on System.
- Tap System protection in the left pane.
- Click System Restore.
- Click Next.
- Select a restore point in keeping with the Date and Time and Click on Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click Yes to verify the restore.
- Reboot your PC for the changes to require effect.
Dell laptop keyboard not working
- Restart your laptop
- Uninstall your Dell laptop keyboard driver
- Update your Dell laptop keyboard driver
- Restart your laptop
One of the easy solutions to resolve your keyboard not working problem is to restart your laptop. Some users found that restart really made their keyboard work again without delay. Thus try and restart your laptop firstly. If your keyboard still doesn’t work, no panic, try other solutions listed below.
Uninstall your Dell laptop keyboard driver
Your laptop keyboard not working error always caused by driver issues. during this case, try and reinstall your keyboard driver.
Since your keyboard doesn’t work, connect your laptop with a mouse either wired or Bluetooth one. Steps are:
- Find and then click on the control panel from the start menu.
- Select Device Manager when View by Large icons.
- Find and expand the Keyboards section. Then right-click on your keyboard driver software and click on Uninstall device.
- When it completes uninstalling, restart your Dell laptop. Then Windows will reinstall the keyboard driver automatically. Check if your keyboard could work properly.
As we’ve got seen above that nearly all the steps are the same for all the laptop’s keyboard working issues. So, these were the steps that you simply would follow if you’re facing the laptop keyboard working issue.