Table of Contents
Today’s article is all about the problem like webcam not working on Lenovo computers. Read our full article to fix the problem of Lenovo webcam not working on windows 7.
Reasons Why Your Webcam Won’t Work
It is really quite simple why your camera won’t work. the plain reason is that your drivers don’t seem to be compatible along with your webcam. If you’re sure you’ve got the right drivers, then this might boil all the way down to a deactivated/disabled webcam.
In some laptops, the webcam often disabled with a mix of keys, or by pressing a function key (F1 – F12 Keys). Manufacturer webcam applications even have the flexibility to show off/disable the webcam.
This can be referred to as the privacy mode and it’ll stop any app from accessing your webcam. In less often situations, your webcam might need a loose connection probably after a mechanical knock or once you attempted a repair. Sometimes, the “No cameras attached” error can be shown or imaging devices missing messages can be shown within the device manager.
How to Fix Lenovo Webcam Not Working?
The first fix for the Lenovo webcam not working is within the Lenovo app itself. Hit the F8 key on your laptop keyboard. this could be the key to enable or disable the Lenovo EasyCamera.
If that doesn’t work, try following these steps to repair your webcam:
- Type ‘Lenovo’ into the Windows Search box and choose Lenovo Settings.
- Select Camera and scroll to Privacy Mode.
- Toggle Turn Privacy Mode On to Off.
- Retest your camera.
This privacy setting absolutely designed for your protection. It’s relatively easy to hack someone’s webcam. If you will be able to get into the pc, and there are many incidences of this happening.
When your camera compromised, hackers can use the camera to spy on you, or even use the camera to cause other forms of problems, like enlisting you during a DDoS attack.
Cameras are a popular target for hackers for all forms of nefarious reasons.
Lenovo presumably thought that setting privacy high would prevent this from happening to you. While it is a good privacy feature, it’s just a shame it disables the camera for everything!
If that doesn’t work, try a variety of those generic fixes. These will work on any Windows computer having issues with its webcam – not just Lenovos.
Check for Device Manager
Follow these steps to check:
- Right-click the Windows Start button and choose Device Manager.
- Select Imaging Devices then Lenovo EasyCamera. If there is a yellow warning triangle by the icon, there is a problem with it. If there’s a little down arrow by it, the camera has been disabled.
- Right-click the Lenovo EasyCamera and ensure there isn’t an option to Enable. If the camera-enabled already, the selection should be to Disable.
If the camera already enabled, you may still update the propulsion. Follow these steps to undertake to so:
- Right-click the Lenovo EasyCamera again and choose Update Driver.
- Select the automated option to see if Windows can find a fresh driver.
- Allow it to put in and retest.
Check for the Problem
If your webcam works in some programs and not in others, it should be the program settings and not the camera settings causing the matter.
Just follow these two steps to check:
- Open the program in question and find the Settings menu option.
- Make sure the Lenovo EasyCamera is close to being the default camera in those settings.
I know it seems incredibly obvious but the number of times. I’ve got been to a client’s computer only for the default device to not be selected makes this worth stating here.
Remove the Lenovo Settings App
If none of those solutions work, you will remove the Lenovo Settings app altogether just in case it’s interfering. This shouldn’t be necessary, but if nothing else works, you’ve nothing to lose.
Most of the settings within the app are controllable from within Windows anyway, so you’re not damaging the laptop in any way.
To remove the Lenovo Settings app, follow these four steps:
- Navigate to control Panel in Windows.
- Select Programs and Features and Uninstall.
- Select Lenovo Settings Dependency Package from the list and choose Uninstall.
- Reboot your laptop and retest.
If your Lenovo EasyCamera still doesn’t add the top of these steps, I suggest raising a support call with tech support.
If replacing the driver, enabling the camera and removing the Lenovo app doesn’t fix it. There’s something seriously wrong, so don’t waste any time!
Lenovo yoga camera not working on windows 7
To re-enable the camera (using Windows 7):
- Press the Windows button to open the start screen
- Type ‘Lenovo’ to appear for the Lenovo software
- Click on the icon for ‘Lenovo Settings’
- Click on the ‘Normal’ button
- If it’s already set to ‘Normal’ – click ‘Private’, apply the changes, then switch back to ‘Normal’ again and apply the changes.
Updating the Lenovo Settings Dependency Package software
To do this you’ll head to the Lenovo website, search for your model of Lenovo and download and install the Lenovo Settings Dependency Package software. After this has been done repeat the instructions above.
Uninstalling the Lenovo Settings Dependency Package software
This is moderate risk – you may find that some hardware stops working correctly or that you just simply must use the software to manage settings, but cannot because of it being uninstalled. Having said this, on my Lenovo laptop i do not use this software with no issues the smallest amount bit.
To uninstall the software click on the Windows button on your keyboard,
type ‘programs and features’ after you see it appear within the list – click on it. hunt for “Lenovo settings” select it from the list and click on uninstall.
Restart and thus the camera should be working again.
So, these were the methods for coping up with the issues of Lenovo webcam in windows 7 still as Lenovo yoga camera not working issues.