When you have braces, you need to be careful about the kinds of food you eat. There are certain foods that can damage your braces or even cause them to fall off. To avoid this, it is important to know which foods to avoid and which ones are safe to eat. The following tips from Instador will help you decide what foods to eat and how to keep your breath clean.
Some of the foods that you should avoid with braces include:
Hard candy: This can break your brackets or wires.
Gum: This can get stuck in your braces and be difficult to remove. It can also cause cavities.
Sticky foods: Things like caramel and taffy can pull out your wires or brackets.
Popcorn: The kernels can get stuck in your braces and be difficult to remove.
Chewy foods: This includes things like bagels and hard pretzels. They can damage your wires or brackets.
Some of the foods that you can eat with braces include:
Soft fruits and vegetables: Things like bananas, avocados, and cooked carrots are all good options.
Dairy: Milk, cheese, and yogurt are all safe to eat. Just be careful with hard cheeses like cheddar or Parmesan.
Meat: Soft, cooked meats like chicken or fish are fine. Just be careful with tough meats like steak.
Grains: Soft, cooked grains like rice or quinoa are good choices. Avoid crunchy cereals or crackers.
Bread: Soft breads like muffins or rolls are okay. Avoid crusty breads or bagels.
When in doubt, always err on the side of caution and avoid any food that could damage your braces. With a little careful planning, you can still enjoy all of your favorite foods even with braces!
Tips to keep your breath clean
Bad breath is a common issue that can be embarrassing and tough to get rid of. There are many causes of bad breath, including poor oral hygiene, certain foods, dry mouth, and medical conditions.
Fortunately, there are several things you can do to fight bad breath and keep your mouth healthy and fresh. Here are some tips:
1. Brush and floss your teeth regularly. This is the most important step in preventing bad breath. Be sure to brush your tongue as well, which can harbor bacteria that cause bad breath.
2. Rinse your mouth out with water or mouthwash after eating. This will help remove any food particles that may be causing bad breath.
3. Chew sugarless gum or suck on hard candy to keep your mouth moist and prevent bad breath.
4. Avoid foods that cause bad breath, such as garlic, onions, and spicy foods.
5. If you have dry mouth, try to increase your saliva production by drinking plenty of water and avoiding caffeine and alcohol.
6. See your dentist regularly for checkups and cleanings. This will help remove any buildup of plaque that can cause bad breath.
7. If you have a medical condition that is causing bad breath, such as acid reflux or diabetes, be sure to treat the underlying condition to help freshen your breath.
By following these tips, you can help keep your breath fresh and avoid embarrassment. Make sure to visit smiles of kiln creek in kiln creek as well so they can check your teeth and recommend some ways on how you can keep them pretty and healthy.