Thinkorswim is a powerful and popular trading software that offers an intuitive interface, real-time streaming quotes, and advanced charting capabilities. The software can be used to trade stocks, options, futures contracts, ETFs (including new ones), mutual funds, bonds, and other securities. The best thing about Thinkorswim is the fact that it’s free! If you’re interested in learning more about what ThinkorSwim has to offer, then check out this blog post.
What is ThinkorSwim
ThinkorSwim is an advanced trading platform that has become very popular among new traders and seasoned veterans.
ThinkorSwim was created by a group of experienced traders who saw an opportunity for something better than the products on the market at that time. The founders had two goals when they started Thinkorswim – provide advanced tools without any cost whatsoever and deliver excellent customer service. Over twenty years later, those two original principles continue to be the backbone of this online brokerage firm.
The company is regulated by various securities commissions and associations, including FINRA, MSRB, NFA, and SIPC.
In addition, think or swim has established several strategic partnerships with other firms to provide their clients with even more access to products and new trading technologies.
- Bloomberg Tradebook for equities research;
- Cambridge Risk for foreign exchange capabilities
- The Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) for futures contracts
- IHS Markit Market Solutions for economic research and market news
- Nasdaq Trading Technologies Inc
- OMX Systems, LLC
- Inetdino Company provides trade execution services across different asset classes and venues, including stocks, ETFs, futures, and options
- Clearstream Banking for bank-to-bank settlements in Europe
Why You Should Use It
Think or swim is arguably the best online brokerage firm because it has two original principles.
- Provide excellent customer service without any cost whatsoever.
- Provide the best possible tools for traders to use.
- Free trading software with advanced tools
- Advanced features at no cost
One of the most popular features among experienced traders is the ability to trade futures contracts using margin securities (stocks). There is also a mobile app available that allows users of this brokerage website access on the go.
Other cool features offered for no cost:
- Futures contracts trading
- Advanced charts and technical analysis tools -Options research with up to the minute volatility data
- Proprietary order routing technology that provides users better execution prices by using algorithms to route orders through various markets on an integrated display screen in real-time; this is not available at other online brokerage firms, which can help traders save money!
The best thing about Thinkorswim
ThinkorSwim offers plenty of benefits that make it an excellent choice for beginners or professionals, including:
- High-quality customer service
- Intuitive Interface
- Real-Time Streaming Quotes
- Advanced Charting Capabilities (including full customization)
- Trade Stocks, Options, Futures Contracts, ETFs (including new ones), Mutual Funds
- Bonds and other securities.
- Free to use if you trade less than $200K in a quarter
- Regulated by various associations including FINRA, MSRB, NFA and SIPC
How to Sign up for a Free Account
To sign up for a free account, you can visit thinkorswim.com and click on the “Free Trial” button in the top-right-hand corner of the site. You will have to download the software to your computer and enter your personal information, including:
- Email Address
- Password and Confirm Password
- Country of Residence (selecting the US if you are an American citizen)
You will also need to provide a phone number so that think or swim can verify the account is being opened by the correct person. Once this process is completed, launch the installer and install the software to your device, then you are ready to begin trading! You won’t be charged anything for using ThinkorSwim, but keep in mind that any trades made will cost money depending on what type of trade it is.
Buying stocks through them costs $0.0075 per share, whereas selling stocks would charge 0% commission with a minimum fee of $19.99 plus taxes owed.
Other Features of the Software that you Might not Know About Yet!
This is just the beginning of what Thinkorswim has to offer. For advanced traders, think or swim offers many more features, including:
- Trade from 16 different time zones
- Integrated news, research, and data capabilities to help you make smarter trading decisions.
- Automated trading features
- Advanced charting capabilities, including full customization
- Real-time streaming quotes on all markets and securities.
If you are a beginner or intermediate trader, the site offers training videos on setting up your account, getting started with charts, and learning more about options strategies. They also provide live customer service 24 hours per day for traders who want one-on-one assistance when they need it most! I really enjoyed being able to log in at any time of night or day without having access issues like other sites have had in the past.
If you are looking for a trading platform that has been embraced by both new traders and seasoned veterans, Thinkorswim is worth your consideration. The software offers plenty of features to help beginners get started and give more experienced traders what they need to trade with ease. To learn more about the best free online trading platform today, click here!