Table of Contents
This study tool has many applications both in work and in education, although we will focus on this second part. The use of mind maps can be used in different ways:
- Take notes in class.
- Summarize books.
- Tool to memorize easily.
- Prepare a presentation.
Mind maps might be also useful when creating an essay, this way you can keep the main ideas in one place. But, in case it won’t help you, there is an opportunity to use essay writing services.
How To Make A Mind Map?
Before you start your mind map, you need to decide where to do it. It is enough for you to take a sheet of paper and colored pencils. It is also possible that you prefer to develop it in your preferred application, whether it is online or offline. Any option is valid. Once you have this decided, we begin!
Steps To Create Mind Maps
The first thing is to place the main idea, the problem, the concept, or whatever you want to call it in the center. It gets really big so it’s clear what your mind map is about. It can be with words or with a picture. Whatever you fancy. Of course, if you draw something, let it be related to the topic. For example, in a mind map about the environment, you could put an image of our planet.
The next step is to identify the main elements of the topic we are dealing with. Each must be composed of a keyword. Here you are not going to write an endless paragraph. Rather, what you should do is get to the point. Remember that a mind map is not an essay, so you should be short. And as for the essays, us.grademiners.com is always there to help you out with creating a high-quality essay.
For each of these elements draws an arrow or branch from the center out. Try to make these branches have enough space between them. You don’t want your ideas to pile up. Of course, in case there are some elements more relevant than others, you can order them by importance. In fact, it is recommended to put them in a clockwise direction around the main idea.
Write the keyword next to (or at the end of) the branch. I also recommend adding an image to each of them if you see it appropriate.
Benefits Of Using Mind Maps
After having come this far, you are surely asking yourself: “And what is the use of making mind maps?” Here are its benefits:
- Easy to use. No great knowledge is required to be able to make a mind map. It is a study tool available to anyone. Obviously, if it is not difficult to make mind maps, it is much less difficult to understand them.
- Guaranteed fun. Using mind maps proves that studying doesn’t have to be boring. You will agree that it is more enjoyable to learn using this resource than with a linear list.
- Well-structured information. The data presented will be well organized. The groupings will allow you to see the information in a clear and understandable way.
- Global vision of the matter. It allows dividing the main idea into smaller parts of which it is composed. Seeing how different aspects of the mind map are related gives you an overview of the topic you are studying. You will better understand the concepts and how they are linked to each other and eventually you will achieve better results. And if you want to achieve better results in your essays, a professional writing service can make it possible for you.
- Visually attractive. If you had the option to choose between a linear black and whitelist or a full-color mind map with drawings, which would you choose? Clearly the mental map. The graphic elements it contains make it much more pleasing to the eye to use this study tool.
- Identification of key concepts. It allows you to easily see what the main ideas of the topic you are studying are. You can have a lot of material to study. However, if you are not able to identify which concepts are the most important, you could end up studying unimportant details.
- General presentation of what you are going to study. If you have to read a topic of more than twenty pages, with a single glance at the map you can quickly see all the information you are going to study.
- Your brain will thank you. Our brain does not work in a linear way but is dispersed. In the case of mind maps, they are structured in just that way.
- Easy note-taking. It gives you the possibility to take notes quickly. You should only write down the important ideas and their relation to the main idea. Also, by discarding information that is not relevant, your notes will go straight to the point.
Jared Houdi is one of the Grademiner’s team finest! If there’s anyone who won’t sleep and eat until a customer’s essay is done, that will be Jared hands down. Some say that there’s no such assignment Jared can’t pull off. A simple 5-paragraph essay or a complex 50-page course work, our man Jared Houdi will meet the deadline no matter what.