Table of Contents
Todays’ topic is How to update Magellan GPS. So, first, we will look at the definition of Magellan GPS.
How to Update Magellan Gps?
The Magellan brand was founded in 1986 and has put its genius to work to give the world a good way to situate itself. Also, they created her first GPS in 1989, so 3 years after its foundation. And it was the Nav 1000 model. However, it was not until 2006 that the brand sold its first Magellan cross-over GPS. A gadget designed for road and outdoor navigation. The company was bought a year later by Mitac Corp., a company founded in 1982. Today, it is also known as MiTAC Digital Corporation.
However, it must be remembered that it has more than 200 key patents in GPS technology. This makes it one of the leading manufacturers of electronic navigation devices. In addition, she has developed a long-term partnership with the companies CAA, Penske Racing, National Geographic, and NAVTEQ. This, in order to offer users of Magellan GPS, the best features and programs that are.
Troubleshooting Magellan GPS Problems
While updating a Magellan GPS is very simple, a few common mistakes can lead to data errors. Do not shut down your computer or disconnect your Magellan GPS device while the Content Manager is running. After updates are fully downloaded and installed, wait for the Content Manager to eject the device and inform you that it is okay to unplug the device. Your GPS will turn off after receiving updated data. Do not turn it on. The device will restart automatically to complete the installation of updated data.
Steps to Update Magellan GPS
While it is true that Magellan GPS Update is easily and readily available for all the users. However, this doesn’t guarantee flawless updates from a user’s point of view. In other words, you must consider the following factors before starting the update process.
- Magellan GPS Update requires a strong, high-speed internet connection. Therefore, you must have a high-speed internet connection, preferably a broadband connection with a LAN cable. Moreover, you must also ensure that the connection stays uninterrupted for the entire length of the process.
- At the same time, you will also need the Magellan Content Manager to get the Magellan GPS Update. It is a complimentary support application for users to simplify the maintenance of their GPS devices. This free of cost software can be easily installed on any Windows or Mac computer.
- Additionally, first-time users must register their devices at the application or website in order to receive the updates. This is a simple process that requires some basic information. It hardly takes a few minutes.
- Above all, you must connect your device to a charger to avoid any interruptions during the process.
Get Magellan Content Manager
Magellan Content Manager is free of cost desktop software application available for all users of Magellan GPS devices. It allows you to access stored locations, register your devices, keep the device up-to-date and a lot more with simple clicks of a mouse. It gives you complete control and flexibility over your GPS devices. This system utility software is available for most of the Windows and Mac OS. It is a platform that connects your GPS device with the Magellan servers for fast and easy operations.
It comes in a small package and can be easily installed on your computer within minutes. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to acquire the Content Manager.
- Open your browser and go to the official Magellan website.
- Under the download section, you will find it for both Windows and Mac OS.
- Thereafter, click on the Download button to download the file.
- Next, open the downloaded file and “Run it.
- Subsequently, follow on-screen instructions to proceed.
- Finally, Install the application and close the Installer.
Magellan GPS Free Updates
- To begin with, connect your GPS Device to a charger.
- Next, you should turn on your computer and connect it to the internet.
- Now, launch Content Manager. For this, look at your system tray or desktop. Hence, click on it to open the same.
- Consequently, it takes you to the “Main” window of the application. Here, it will prompt you to log in to your Magellan account. Hence, login to the same using your registered email address and password. However, in case if you don’t have an account. Then, you should create one first on the official website of Magellan. In order to do the same, you should look at the above section of the device registration. Thereafter, login to the account.
- Then, you should connect the device to your computer. For this, you should use the USB cable that comes with your device. You should plug in one end of the cable to your device and the other to the computer.
- As a result, the device will automatically turn on. However, if it doesn’t turn on. Then, turn it on manually.
- Thereafter, you should right-click the Content Manager icon. You will find it in the system tray in the case of Windows OS. On the other hand, look for it in the Dock in case of a Mac OS.
- Next, you should select “Check for Updates”.
- Consequently, a pop-up box will appear on the screen in case if any updates are available.
- Finally, you should click on “Get Now” for downloading and installing the Magellan GPS Update.
- Once the installation is complete, it will notify the same and prompt you to disconnect the device.
- Hence, disconnect the device.
- At last, your GPS will restart automatically. Hence, wait for it.
So, these were the steps to update Magellan.