Are you a McAfee Antivirus user? Are you facing a problem with McAfee antivirus? then you can follow the steps to fix the problems. Just uninstall McAfee from windows or mac device, then reinstall it. In most of the cases, maximum problems are resolved by doing this.
Uninstalling McAfee from Windows 10 –
At first, you make sure to create a restore point for not face the future problem.
- Press the Windows Key + Q button to Windows search and type control and go to the control panel.
- Go to programs and click on Uninstall a program.
- Now find the McAfee and right-click on it and select to Uninstall.
- When completing your Uninstall and reboot your PC to keep save changes.
- You need to download McAfee consumer product removal.
- Just run the MCPR.exe and if you see the warning and click yes to continue setup.
- Accept the end license agreement and click on the Next button.
- You see the captcha and type the characters as shown on your screen and click next.
- After uninstall is complete, and you will see the removal message and finally, you will click on the restart to save changes.
How to Uninstall McAfee on Windows 10?
- Open Start. Click the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Open Settings. Click the gear-shaped icon in the lower-left side of the Start window.
- Click APPS. It’s in the Settings window. Doing so opens a list of your currently installed apps.
If you don’t see a list of your currently installed apps, make sure that you’re on the right tab by clicking Apps & features in the upper-left side of the window.
- Scroll down to the McAfee option. You’ll find the “McAfee® Total Protection” heading in the “M” section of the menu.
- Click McAfee total protection. Doing so expands the heading.
- Click uninstall. It’s below the “McAfee® Total Protection” heading.
- Click uninstall when prompted. You’ll see this option above the first Uninstall option.
- Click yes when prompted. This will take you to the McAfee uninstall wizard.
Complete the uninstallation form. Once McAfee’s uninstall wizard opens, complete it by doing the following:
- Check the “McAfee® Total Protection” box.
- Check the “Remove all files for this program” box.
- Press the blue Uninstall button.
- Click Uninstall again when prompted.
- Click Restart now.
Once McAfee finishes uninstalling, you’ll be prompted to restart your computer. This will complete the uninstallation process and remove McAfee from your computer.
You can click Restart later to restart your computer manually at a different time, but keep in mind that the uninstallation process won’t be complete until you restart the computer.
Re-enable Windows Defender
Re-enable Windows Defender if necessary. If you haven’t restarted your computer, Windows Defender (the default Windows antivirus protection) may still be turned off. While it will eventually turn itself back on, you can speed up the process by doing the following:
- Open Start
- Type in windows defender
- Click Windows Defender Security Center
- Click Turn on if possible. If you instead see green checkmarks (not red Xs) next to the different security icons on the dashboard.
- Windows Defender is enabled.
Steps to Uninstall Mcafee from MAC
- Open Spotlight. Click the magnifying glass-shaped icon in the top-right corner of the screen to do so. A search bar will open in the middle of the screen.
- Search for Terminal. Type terminal into the search bar in the middle of the screen.
- OpenTerminal. Once it appears, double-click the Terminal result. This will open the Terminal window.
- Enter the uninstall command. Type in sudo/Library/McAfee/cma/scripts/uninstall.sh and press return.
- Enter your administrator password if prompted. If you see a “Password” line appear, type in the password that you use to log into your Mac’s administrator account, then press return.
- Follow any on-screen prompts. While the uninstall command should prompt McAfee to begin uninstalling automatically, you may have to confirm the uninstallation by navigating through a pop-up window.
- Restart your computer. Once McAfee indicates that is has been uninstalled successfully, you’ll want to restart your computer to complete the process:
- Click the Apple menu
- Press on Shut Down…
- Click Shut Down when prompted.
Uninstalling the McAfee by using McAfee product removal tool:
- Download the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool.
- Wait for the utility to be downloaded.
- Once the utility has been downloaded, navigate to the directory on your computer you downloaded it to, locate MCPR.exe and double-click on it to launch it.
- If you see a warning message or are asked for confirmation, click on Continue, Yes or Run (whichever applies in your case).
- Click on Next, and then on the next screen, select Agree and then click on Next.
- On the Security Validation screen, solve the captcha by typing the alphanumeric string of characters exactly as you see them in the image, and then click on Next. Security Validation prevents users from running the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool accidentally.
- MCPR will begin uninstalling the McAfee product(s) from your computer. All you need to do now is wait for it to work its magic – it will display a Removal complete message when it is done.
- Once the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool has uninstalled your McAfee product(s) from your computer, a restart will be required to have the changes made by the utility take effect. Be sure to save all your work, close any open applications and then click on Restart on the Removal Complete screen to restart your computer.
So, these were the steps to uninstall McAfee.