HP Support Assistant or HPSA is a utility included in all HP computers to diagnose technical issues and manage updates. While HP technical support will often refer you to use the Support Assistant, many users find the program intrusive and unnecessary, especially when a critical function is interrupted by HPSA reminders or automatic updates. Depending on how displeased you are with the HPSA, you can prevent it from installing updates, block it from running on start-up and even completely uninstall hp support assistant.
What Is HP Support Assistant
The HP Support Assistant is an Artificial Intelligence-powered chatbot that facilitates customer assistance. The chatbot is designed to provide support for HP products, allowing customers to troubleshoot and solve their problems without the need of a human representative.
The HP Support Assistant features are:
- Troubleshooting Solutions for common issues with HP products
- Device diagnostics
- Device and software updates
- Accessible from different devices
Uninstall HP Support assistant command line
|Software||HP Support Assistant|
|Silent Install Switch:||InstallHPSA.exe /S /v/qn|
|Silent Uninstall Switch (64-bit System)||“%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\UninstallHPSA.exe” /S /v/qn|
|Silent Uninstall Switch (32-bit System)||“%ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\UninstallHPSA.exe” /S /v/qn|
Method 1: Uninstall HP Support Assistant 188.8.131.52
- Open Programs and Features.
- For windows vista and windows 7
- Click Start button >> uninstalls a program in the Search programs and files box and then click the result.
- For Windows 8, windows8.1, windows 10
- Open Windows 10 menu by holding Windows and X keys together, and then click Programs and Features.
- Look for HP Support Assistant 184.108.40.206 in the list, click on it and then click Uninstall to initiate the uninstallation.
Method 2: Disable HP Assistant 220.127.116.11 with its uninstaller.exe
- Go to the installation folder of HP Support Assistant 18.104.22.168.
- Find uninstall.exe or unins000.exe.
- Double click on its uninstaller and follow the wizard to remove HP Support Assistant 22.214.171.124.
Method 3: Remove HP Assistant via System Restore.
- Close all files and programs that are open.
- On the desktop, right-click Computer and select Properties. The system window will display.
- On the left side of the System window, click System protection. The System Properties window will display.
- Click System Restore and the System Restore window will display.
- Select Choose a different restore point and click Next.
- Select a date and time from the list and then click Next. You should know that all programs and drivers installed after the selected date and time may not work properly and may need to be re-installed.
- Click Finish when the “Confirm your restore point” window appears.
- Click Yes to confirm again.
Method 4: Use the Uninstall Command Displayed in the Registry
- Hold Windows and R keys to open the Run command, type in regedit in the box and click OK.
- Navigate the following registry key and find the one of HP Support Assistant 126.96.36.199:
- HKEY_KOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ currentVersion\ Uninstall
- Double click on the Uninstall String value, and copy its Value Data.
- Hold Windows and R keys to open the Run command, paste the Value Data in the box and click OK.
- Follow the wizard to Disable HP Support Assistant 188.8.131.52.
Method 5: Uninstall HP Support Assistant 184.108.40.206 with Third-party Uninstaller
Uninstall HP Support Assistant by Windows uninstall feature
There is also the manual method to uninstall HP Support Assistant by the Windows default feature, which removes it in the Control Panel. Users can follow our removal guide to uninstall it by these steps.
- Before removal, you need to shut down the target app and its related software, too. Repeat the seam steps to disable HP Support Assistant, HP Support Assistant Utilities & HP Support Assistant Framework in the last part.
Remove the HP Support Assistant using the following steps:
- In Windows, search for and open Change or remove a program.
- On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, then click the Uninstall button.
- installed and working, repeat the uninstall steps.
- Click Yes on the Programs and Features screen to confirm you want to Remove HP Support Assistant.
- Restart the computer to complete the process.
In addition to these steps to uninstall HP Support Assistant in Control Panel, you need to go to the Registry Editor to delete all leftovers, using the following steps:
- In Windows, search for and open Run;
- Type regedit in the box and hit OK;
- Then you will go to Registry Editor, delete the Registry keys related to HP Support Assistant;
- Or press Ctrl + F to the negative Search box and type the word HP Support Assistant in the box;
- Find Next, delete the target item when it shows up.
- Restart the computer to complete the process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)-
Question: How to Get Rid of HP Assistant
Ans: The HP Assistant is a free application that is installed on your PC. It can be removed by following these steps:
First, open the Control Panel and select Programs and Features.
Next, find the HP Assistant and select Uninstall.
After you have successfully uninstalled it, restart your computer.
The HP Assistant will be gone in no time!
Question: How to Uninstall HP Support Assistant Windows 10
Ans: The HP Support Assistant is a software that can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s website. It helps you to keep your computer up-to-date and provides protection against viruses.
If you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant, please follow these steps:
1) Click on the Windows Start button and go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
2) Find HP Support Assistant, select it, and click on Uninstall.
3) Select Delete personal data from this app if you want to remove all your data from the app.
4) Click on Uninstall again to confirm your decision.
Question: Can I Remove HP Support Assistant
Ans: If you have installed HP Support Assistant on your computer, it is possible to remove it. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Click the Windows Start button and select Settings.
- Select Apps & Features from the left menu and scroll down to HP Support Assistant.
- Right-click on HP Support Assistant and select Uninstall from the pop-up menu.
- You may be prompted to restart your computer, but if you are not then please do so manually before proceeding with any other steps. Else HP Support Assistant will still be running in the background of your computer even after a restart and you will need to uninstall it again after a restart.
- If you are still prompted to restart your computer, please do so
Question: How to delete hp support assistant
Ans: To Delete HP support assistant, you need to use the Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and go to Programs and Features.
- Select HP Support Assistant from the list of programs and click Uninstall button on the right side of the window.
- Next, Click Yes to confirm your action and wait for HP Support Assistant removal process to complete before closing it.