Discord is a proprietary freeware VoIP application and digital distribution platform. That is designed for video gaming communities, that specializes in text, image, video & audio communication between users in a chat channel. Discord runs on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and web browsers. Here you will know how to fix Discord Won’t Uninstall or Uninstall Discord from Windows 10 and Mac and iPhone, iPad, etc.
If you are still encountering discord installation issues, try to recall if you have recently added any windows updates. If so, try removing the most recent update package to prevent it from interfering with discord. Here are the steps:
- Press Windows key+ I on your keyboard to launch the settings app.
- Select update and security, then on the left pane, click windows update.
- Now, move to the right pane and click view update history.
- Click uninstall an update.
- On the new window, look for the recent updates you installed, right-click them, then select uninstall.
- Once you’ve removed the windows update package, you can now try to reinstall discord.
How to Uninstall Discord on iPhone or iPad?
- Find the Discord icon on your iPhone or iPad. The Discord app looks like a blue circle icon with a white gamepad in it. You can find it on your home screen or in an app folder.
- Tap the X on the Discord icon. It’s in the top-left corner of the app icon. It will uninstall the app, and remove all of its contents from your iPhone or iPad.
- You’ll have to confirm your action in a new pop-up.
- Tap DELETE in the confirmation window. This is a red button in the lower-right corner of the pop-up. It will permanently delete the Discord app from your iPhone or iPad.
How to Delete Discord App from Android?
- Open your Android’s Apps menu. Find and tap the icon or swipe up from the bottom of your screen to open your Apps tray.
- Find the Discord icon on the Apps menu. The Discord icon looks like a blue circle with a white gamepad icon in it.
- Tap and hold the Discord icon. This will allow you to move the app icon around your screen.
- On some Androids, your options will show up on a pop-up menu when you hold down the app icon.
- Drag and drop the icon in the UNINSTALL tab to uninstall discord app. The UNINSTALL button will show up when you move the app icon around your screen.
- You can delete the app and all of its contents by dragging its icon here.
- The UNINSTALL tab may be at the top or bottom of your screen. On some Androids, it may be on the side.
- If you see a pop-up menu when you tap and hold the icon, the UNINSTALL option will likely be on this menu. In this case, just tap it on the menu.
- On some Androids, you may see Remove or Delete instead of Uninstall.
- Tap OK in the confirmation pop-up. This will uninstall and delete the Discord app from your Android.
How to Remove Discord from Mac?
Open your Mac’s Applications folder. The Applications folder looks like a blue folder icon with an “A” on it. You can find it on the Dock or on the left sidebar in any Finder window.
- If you don’t see the sidebar in Finder, press OPTION+ COMMAND+ S on your keyboard to show/hide the sidebar.
- Find the Discord app in your Applications folder. The Discord app looks like a blue circle with a white gamepad icon in it.
- Drag and drop the Discord app in your Trash bin. Hold down the app icon in your Applications folder, and drag it to the Trash bin on the Dock. This will move Discord to your trash folder.
- Open your Trash bin. Click the Trash bin icon on the Dock to open your trash folder.
- Right-click the Discord icon in Trash. Your options will pop up on a drop-down menu.
- Click DELETE IMMEDIATELY on the right-click menu. These options will permanently delete the Discord app from your computer.
- Click DELETE in the confirmation pop-up. This will confirm your decision, and remove the Discord app from your computer.
How to Uninstall Discord From Windows 10?
- Open your computer’s Start menu. Click the Start menu button on the bottom-left corner of your screen or press the Windows button on your keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Alternatively, you can open the Search or Cortana next to the Start menu button on the taskbar.
- Type Program and features on your keyboard. Matching results will show up on the Start menu as you type.
- If you’re using an earlier version of Windows, click the Search option on the Start menu first, and then type your search keyword here.
- On some versions of Windows, this program may be named “Add or Remove Programs“. If you don’t see any results for “Programs and Features,” try searching this instead.
- Click Program and features in the search results. This will open a new file explorer window with a list of all the programs on your computer.
- Find and click DISCORD on the program list. The Discord icon looks like a blue circle with a white gamepad in it.
- Click the UNINSTALL button at the top. You can find this button below the “Uninstall or change a program” heading at the top of the window.
- Click YES in the confirmation pop-up. This will confirm your action, and start uninstalling the Discord app from your computer.
- Click OK in the confirmation window. You will see a confirmation message when the uninstall discord is complete. Click OK to close the window.