When your printer machine fails to connect with the printer unit. Then a printer offline message will appear on the windows 7 screen. There is much reason for which the problem will occur. Reasons may be as Outdates drivers, connection not available, not properly configured. First, you need to fix printer problems so your printer status changes offline to online. Then after, you can only take a printout. Follow the steps given below to fix printer offline status on windows 7.
Check USB Connections
Make sure you have original USB wire by which you have connected printer and computer. Now, check the wire plugged properly, it should not be loose or damaged. Try to replace the USB cable and check the problem fixed or not. Nore, Remove the USB cable from both printer and computer and restart your computer and printer.
Make sure the power cable is connected correctly with the printer. Because low power creates this problem.
Update Printer Driver:
Maybe the printer driver installed on your pc is outdated. Or creating problem while communicating with the printer. The outdated or corrupt printer driver can show the printer offline issue. So, you need to update the printer driver. For this, visit the printer manufacturer website and from the download section, you can download the latest version of the printer.
Make your printer default
- Click “Win + R” simultaneously and type “Printers” in the search box.
- Choose the Printer & devices.
- Find your printer location in the printer and fax dialog box.
- Select your printer
- Right click on it
- Now, click on “USE AS DEFAULT”
Now check the printer status. If it’s still showing Printer offline status then follow the next steps.
Disable Offline Feature of Printer
- Follow the first 3 steps from method 3 and find your printer device.
- Right click on the printer icon and click on properties to troubleshoot printer offline status on windows 7.
- Visit, configuration port in Ports tab. Now disable SNMP settings.
- Then click on “OK” to allow the changes to be saved.
Restart Printer Spooler Services:
You need to restart printer spooler services to fix printer offline status on windows 7. Because the printer makes use of printer spooler services to process the print command. Below are the steps just follow them to fix the printer offline issue.
- Press “Win + R” Key simultaneously on keyboard. Type services.msc in the search box and hit enter.
- A Services tab will open now. Search for printer spooler services. Right click on the service and click on restart.
Printer Technical Support for Printer Offline
Now, check the printer is online now or not. After following all the procedure step by step and still you are getting the same problem. If it’s still showing printer offline status on windows 7, then you can contact Printer technical support team. The technician at the printer support team will take care of all your needs. The technician will check for the reason behind the problem and fix it for you. So, you can print what you need. Just call on 1-888-272-9xxx toll-free.