Red Dead Redemption is a thrilling cowboy game, and the fun doubles up if you have some cheats to tweak around! You can alter various attributes with these codes, such as having unlimited stamina or dead eye, acquiring horses and vehicles, or getting dollars deposited into your virtual account! With so much at your disposal, you can have any item that you want from the catalog. You must try these cheats to taste the ecstatic experience they add to the game!
If you have been playing various Rockstar Games, (e.g. GTA) you’ll know that the cheats they have can be activated by pressing a few buttons. However, with this game in particular, it’s different, and you must type a phrase to get the desired abilities. So, here’s a guide to get you rolling!
Where Should You Look for the Cheat Codes?
A lot of players are unaware of the cheat codes in the game. And many have discovered the codes by chance! You may come across a cheat code etched on a wall or cabinet or a shabby shack or on ice etc. So, these random occurrences are hard to predict.
However, the newspaper is one guaranteed cheat code repository, so buy all the copies! Take a stroll to Blackwater, Valentine, or Saint-Denis, and get your hands on New Hanover Gazette, Blackwater Ledger, and Saint-Denis Times! Now, there are a couple of newspapers that you would only find after dealing with specific flashpoints in the game. Also, some codes would unlock as your game progresses, so focus on the campaign.
Once you have the newspapers, get your satchel, and check the tagline at the end of the newspaper. Usually, the cheat codes are at the end of an article, and they are a full “phrase”. To activate the cheat code, you would have to type the whole phrase.
Entering the Cheat Codes in the Game
The activation of the codes in this game is quite simple. Go to the menu, then settings, and select ‘Cheats’ (at the lower right of the screen). Click on the ‘Triangle’ and you would see a blank list (if you never entered any cheats before). Now tap that Triangle one more time, and you should be able to type in all the cheat-code phrases in a text box. After this, you can simply tap the cheats to get them working in your active game. You should remember that by activating Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats you are giving up Trophies, Achievements and saving the game progress. Once you have entered the entire list of codes, you should save the game progress manually before you begin enjoying the gaming experience with the cheats.
Handy Codes on Our List
You don’t have to worry about capitalization, however, punctuating the sentence is very important. A lot of these codes can be entered anytime, though some would require you to first get the newspaper that has them.
- “You long for sight and see nothing” – It would remove Fog-of-War from the map. [Paper from Chapter 3, “Blood Feuds, Ancient and Modern]
- “Be greedy only for foresight” – it would unlock infinite Dead-Eye.
- “Abundance is the dullest desire” – you’ll get infinite ammunition. [Paper from Chapter 3, “Advertising the New American Art]
- “Greed is American virtue” – this one is for acquiring Heavy Weapons. [Paper from Chapter 1 onwards]
- “Virtue unearned is not virtue” – it would award you max honor. [Paper from Chapter 4, “Urban Pleasures”]
- “Greed is now a virtue” – you’ll get $500!
- “The lucky be strong evermore” – it would unlock infinite Stamina. [Paper after you finish Chapter 5]
- “I seek and I find” – You’ll unlock Dead Eye-level 5
- “Seek all the bounty of this place” – this cheat would permanently enhance Stamina, health, and dead-eye.
- “You want freedom” – it would drop the ‘wanted level’ of your avatar.
- “You are a beast built for war” – it would spawn a warhorse for your avatar. [After finishing the ‘Epilogue’]
- “Run! Run! Run!” – it would spawn you a racehorse.
- “Better than my dog” – it would enable your avatar to call the horse from any distance.
- “You seek more than the world offers” – it would fill meters and enhances Arthur’s cores. [Get the paper after finishing Chapter 6, ‘The King’s Son’]