Table of Contents
This is an issue that keeps troubling always. Everything goes like a snail. below are the reasons why mac running slow. Fixing the problem with Mac is not that much easy, Replacing registry files and removing malware from mac. We suggest you contact apple live person chat, which can help you to fix mac running slow issue without any delay.
Reasons for Mac Running Slow
- The first reason is that your mac is not updated. This reason is very important as this might affect the features. This the only reason why Apple realizes the new version every year.
- The second main reason is that your hard drive is getting full. This slows down the mac processing ability of the mac so we often clean the hard drive.
- The third reason is the low storage area. This is cause for a feature not being used to the fullest. The best way for this use of external storage for your mac.
- The fourth reason is that your startup is slowing down. This occurs when you have too many background apps while the startup and this slows down and ultimately slowing down your mac.
- The fifth reason is that when you are running too many apps in the background or too many tabs, browsers used at a time can also lead to this issue of mac running slowly.
- The sixth reason is that your desktop of mac is full of the app and the browser is full of junk. This also results in your issue.
Ways to Speed up Your Mac
- The immediate quick ways to speed up your mac from this issue are given below.
- The basic thing you can do at that moment is to remove all the junk and unwanted files.
- The next thing is to close all the apps that are not in use at the moment and keep refreshing it.
- You can even empty the cache memory and this could speed up the mac. For this, you will have to go the finder and then click go and go to folder and type in~/Library/Caches. You will have to select them and move them to the Trash. Be sure that you know what you’re deleting or you risk deleting something important.
Method of getting Rid of Malware on Mac
The next method is to get rid of the malware. You work will be a lot easier if you know which app is causing the malware. And after that:
- Go to your Applications folder and drag the suspicious app to the Trash.
- Go to your ~/Library folder and look in the Application Support folder for any files related to the app and drag those to the Trash.
- Look in the other folders in ~/Library, especially Launch Agents and Launch Daemons and remove any files related to the app from there.
The other method to speed up your mac book pro is to free up RAM. For this, you will have to follow these basic steps.
Fix Mac Running Slow
Actually, when you run out of RAM immediately your system starts using virtual memory. And since the latter relies on the hard drive to store info so your mac running slow and slower as long you increase the load on a hard drive.
Now, you will have to take a close look at the apps that are running currently. Quit and reload web browsers, since some websites consume memory even when already closed.
This mac running slow issue is based on how the mac user uses the mac pro book, iMac, etc. So, optimal utilization of mac will get it smoothly done.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Mac
Mac is Running Slow due to Lack of Hard Drive Space. Running out of space may not just ruin your system performance. It can also cause the applications you’re working with to crash. That happens because macOS is constantly swapping memory to disk, especially for setups with low initial RAM.
Here’s How to Speed Up Your Mac. Find resource-hungry processes. Some apps are more power-hungry than others and can slow your Mac to a crawl deep.
1. Manage your startup items.
2. Turn off visual effects.
3. Delete browser add-ons.
4. Reindex Spotlight.
5. Reduce Desktop clutter.
6. Empty the caches.
7. Uninstall unused apps.
1. Clean up the cache.
2. Remove unused apps installed on mac.
3. Delete old Mail Attachments.
4. Empty the trash folder.
5. Delete large and old files.
6. Remove old iOS backups.
7. Wipeout Language files.
8. Delete old DMGs and IPSW.