Table of Contents
Todays’ topic deals with the issue related to the Roku not working. Youtube on Roku gives you access to all of the videos found on the YouTube website, and you don’t need to create or sign in to a YouTube to view them. However, linking the Roku channel to your YouTube account offers a much better viewing experience, including access to your playlists, subscriptions, and recommendations based on your watch history. Whether signed in or not, the YouTube Roku channel will provide recommendations under the categories of News, Music, Gaming, and Movies.
Fix Roku Not Working Youtube
If you find browsing and searching to be frustrating on the Roku app, pull out your smartphone or tablet and use the “Send to TV” function. After linking your Roku to your YouTube account, you’ll find a small casting icon with each video you watch on your mobile device. Click on this icon and the video will immediately play on your Roku-connected TV. This turns your mobile device into a remote control for your YouTube Roku channel.
- You can change the display resolution.
- Make it to standard if you have already turned to others.
- Go to the Roku homepage > settings > display type
- All display except the HD should work.
If your Roku keeps giving you an error while turning the youtube channels, you can some of the other methods to fix when the youtube not working on Roku
- Remove youtube from Roku home screen
- Now restart your Roku player
- Turn on your TV
- Access the channel store
- Select the most popular channel
- Get youtube and done it
- Change the display resolution to default
- View youtube on Roku TV
Troubleshooting Steps Taken (in order)
- A hard restart of TV (unplugged/plugged back in)
- Made sure TCL was on the latest update
- Checked for good WiFi signal and time (set for auto)
- Uninstalled YouTube channel / reinstalled channel (latest version of the channel)
- Uninstalled YouTube channel
- Factory Reset.
- Reinstalled YouTube channel
Roku Streaming Device Connected But Not Working
- Restart the device- to start the process, disconnect all the cables that are connected to the device. Now take out the power and HDMI cables from the respective slots.
- Wait for a while time and then, connect all the cables back again. This step can resolve most of the errors.
- Similarly try performing soft, hard and factory reset and also link the cables appropriately in the respective slot.
Use Good Quality Cables
Premium HDMI cables can offer you good quality output. On the positive side, you can check out the reviews to find the compatible cables to use with the device.
Faulty Internet Connection
- If you prefer using the wireless network option, check the credentials (username and password).
- Network passwords are case sensitive and it is important to provide the right password.
- Users who prefer the wired network connection can check the ethernet cable which they use.
- Connect it properly to the respective slot.
- It will be good if you do not connect multiple streaming devices to the router.
- Some users prefer using the wireless range extenders to improve the wireless signal strength and you can also try using it.
Resolving Roku Not Working Issues
- Enter the correct name for your wireless network. Selecting the wrong wireless network name will cause your wireless network connection to fail.
- If you are not certain that your Roku device is connected to the correct network, get help finding your wireless network name.
- Enter the password correctly. If you believe you know your wireless password, but Roku not working, try re-entering it. It is easy to make a mistake entering your password, and remember that network passwords are case sensitive.
- Use the shift button on the on-screen keyboard to enter a capital letter. If you do not know the correct password, review the tips for locating your wireless network password.
- Check to see that your router is working properly. Using your computer or mobile device, connect to your home network and try accessing the internet by launching a public website www.roku.com.
- If you can connect to the internet from another device, your router is successfully providing internet access and you can move to the next step. If you are unable to connect to the internet, try restarting your router (see step 5b below) before contacting your ISP.
- Improve the wireless signal strength. If your password is correct and other devices can access the router, but your Roku device is still failing to connect to your wireless network, the most likely problem is the strength of the wireless signal.
- The wireless signal gets weaker the farther your Roku device is from your router, and with more obstacles between your router and your Roku device.
- Review these tips to help improve your wireless signal.
- Restart your Roku device and your router.
Steps to Restart Your Roku Player
- To restart your Roku player, go to Settings > System > System restart.
- Restart your Roku TV, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart.
- You can also unplug the Roku device from the power source, wait a few moments, and then reconnect it.
- To restart your router, check the instructions from your ISP or router vendor.
- In some cases, you can simply unplug it and plug it back in, and in other cases, it may require pressing a reset button on the device.
So, these were the methods that would help you fix the connection issues of youtube on Roku. These steps also help you to fix Roku not working on Youtube.