Table of Contents
When you are printing your documents and suddenly the printer stops and the printer declares the hp printer offline state on mac.
This issue is common for every sort of printer. Here are the solutions for the problem of the hp printer offline mac.
Here, are solutions related to four printers mainly:
- HP printer
- Brother printer
- Canon printer
- Epson printer
Hp Printer Offline Mac
The first one is the hp printer. Printer shows offline mode while printing then you will have to follow these procedures.
This mentioned problem is very common that if the printer is offline or unavailable for communication, it becomes offline. Make sure the printer is ready to receive a print job. For this do all these steps below:
Steps to Make HP Printer Offline to Online on Mac
- Check whether the printer is off or on and if it is off or in sleep mode, press the “power” button to turn it on or wake it.
- Sometimes the printer does not have paper loaded into the input tray, the correct ink or toner cartridges installed, and there are no errors or blinking lights on the printer control panel. This could lead to the issue printer offline mode in your mac.
- You can simply, Restart the printer and wait until it is ready to print.
- Now, just try to print. If the printer remains offline.
The other way is to just reset the print system and this clears any error states by removing all HP and non-HP printers, print jobs, and printer preferences.
Reset Hp Printer on Mac
- First, Click on the Apple menu.
- Then, click System Preferences.
- Click Print & Fax, Print & Scan.
- Then, right-click anywhere inside the Printers window, and then click the “Reset printing system”.
- Click Reset in the confirmation window.
- Lastly, it will ask you to enter the details like password, and then click OK to complete the reset.
- You will have to restart your printer and then try to print something in the hp printer.
Now, the final plant is to troubleshoot connection issues with network or USB-connected printers. Open the troubleshooter and follow each and every step and try fixing it.
If none of the above works call the hp service center and get it done.
Brother Printer Offline on Mac
While operating to get your brother printer offline to online to Mac or again online to Mac, start with a basic troubleshooting series and notice if your printer comes again online after each step.
If your brother printer says offline issues again, reset the printing machine and upload the printer once more. This should work in this brother printer. If not then these solutions might solve the problem.
Steps to Fix Brother Printer Offline Mac
- The first and very basic way is just to troubleshoot them. For that first, Test and check out all the cable connections among your printer and the network router or laptop, depending on the approach used to hook up with the printer.
- Now, you will have to check whether all the USB cables are connected properly and the printer has been powered on.
- Take a look at the printer tray for any paper jams. Make sure the printer has wi-fi paper and the paper is aligned nicely in the printer.
- Click on the “Apple” menu and pick software updates to install any available updates. As sometimes not updating the printer updates can turn this offline.
- Then, you will have to select and click the Apple menu and option to restart from the menu.
- Remember, to select and click on the Apple menu and push the device and select Print & scan Double-click on your printer from the Printer listing if a yellow mild seems next to the printer’s call and Click on Resume.
- Lastly, you will have to open a document which you need to print and attempt to print the wireless with the aid of pressing Ctrl-P.
The best way to remove the printer from the offline mode is to just use the troubleshooter. First, you will have to choose your printer by clicking the alternate button and pick out your printer from the list.
Reset Brother Printer on Mac
- Click the “Apple” menu and spot “device choices” from the menu.
- Click on “Print & test.”
- Press the “Ctrl” key and right-click concurrently within the Printer listing.
- Pick to Reset printing device Click the “+” button and select your printer if it seems, otherwise click “Add Printer or Scanner“.
- Select your printer from listing and click to add option and watch for the printer to download and deploy and begin the use of your printer once more.
Sometimes because of the faulty hardware issues, the printer might get offline. This is one of the most important reasons why the user faces the Brother Printer offline on Mac issues and the problem. Sometimes do lack of proper updations of hardware in the mac printer may disconnect and halt the printing.
Canon Printer Offline Mac
The third one is the Canon printer. This printer offline has four solutions and anyone has to work if not then you have to call the customer care and get it sorted. Since, the problem can be caused by your printer, computer, or wireless network. Do the following:
Steps to Make Canon Printer Offline to Online
- Check the printer connectivity by checking the USB cable is seated well in the USB port.
- You will have to ensure your printer is correctly connected to your mac system.
- Check your printer’s Wi-Fi connectivity.
- It is better to ensure your wireless router is connected correctly to the modem.
After all of these, restart your printer and try printing something.
Fix Epson Printer Offline Mac
The last one is the Epson printer. There are many issues where this printer gets offline. But to determine if the printer can print without a computer, print a nozzle check pattern from the product’s control panel.
Now, these are the steps which when performed can solve the issue. If you can’t print a nozzle check pattern, check the product’s LCD for error messages. Clear any errors displayed on the LCD, then try printing a nozzle check pattern again. If you still can’t print, contact Epson support.
Now, try printing something in the Epson printer and see if you can’t print, go to the next step.
Contact Epson Printer Support
Sometimes the router doesn’t work then you keep thinking and all the possible methods but it might turn out to be the router problem. So, initialize the router and for that, you need to unplug your router’s power cord from the power outlet, wait a brief period, then plug it back in. Try to print. You may need to re-establish the connection for the other devices on your network. If you still can’t print, restart your computer, then try printing again. If these steps do not resolve your problem, contact Epson support.
Ways to Make Printer Offline to Online on Mac
These are the ways to solve the issues related to the printer offline issue in mac. The most common issues that make a printer appear offline are old printer drivers, too many documents sent to the printer, network issues, loose cables, a paper jam or missing paper. Keep updating all your updates in mac and keep checking your wifi connections if the reason is wifi then it is better to get it fixed permanently as even in future the printer might get offline because of this type of connection.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)-
Question: How do i reconnect my printer to my mac?
Ans: Follow the simple steps to solve the issue Printer offline mac.
Printer offline error on Mac is not banned to a special brand. Those customers are having Canon or hp printers or Epson printers all have reported the same common problem on different platforms. The resolution for this issue can be resetting the printer, unplugging the all connecting cables and reconnecting them back, next resetting the printer system on Mac.
Therefore, without any delay let’s start each troubleshooting step in detail.
First Confirm Printer is Switched On:
It’s maybe your printer is switched off or Sleep mode. Therefore follow any other troubleshooting steps, first, confirm your printer is not in sleep mode and check papers available in the printer tray. Switching the power button is all you require to wake the printer or turn it on if it is power switched off.
Restart Your Printer:
Sometimes to fix the printer offline issue on Mac all you have to restart your printer. Next, unplug the power socket and wait a few seconds and plug again the power socket and restart your printer. Check your problem is solved. If your problem is not solved try the next step.
Check your Printer Connection:
These troubleshooting steps depends on your printer type. Your printer is AirPrint enabled first confirm that your printer network is the same WiFi network as your Mac WiFi network. If you are not able to resolve the issue then try restarting the switch off the Wi-Fi router and again check whether it settles the issue. It may be your printer is not in the WiFi network range. So, You need to place your printer near the router.
In case your printer is not supporting AirPrint, Next Check all connecting cables in your Mac and Printer. Check your loose cable connection and Connect properly.
Delete your all printer Jobs Command
These simple steps do not solve our issues of the offline printer on Mac then we are required to follow the next steps. Most of the time, if you already have any print job so it can stop the printer to accept the new print requests. In that case, you have to delete the old printer request which works in maximum cases.
- Login into your Mac and hit on the Apple Menu see at the top left side corner of the screen.
- See the drop-down menu and choose System Preferences.
- On the System Preferences choose the Scanners and Printer option.
- Next, Choose the printer in the left side pane and select Open Print Queue from the right side pane.
- Choose and delete all print jobs listed there.
Now your issues are fixed and give a new test print command to check your printer.
On your Mac Computer Reset Printing System
Given the above resolutions, the problem is not solved offline printer on Mac. Next, Reset the printing system on your Mac. These steps will remove all your printers and scanner settings also including printing jobs.
Follow the given steps to reset the printing system on Mac.
- Sign in to your Mac and hit on the Apple Menu symbol see at the top left side corner of the screen.
- See the drop-down menu choose System Preferences.
- On the System Preferences window screen choose the Printer and Scanners option.
- Next, right-click on the list of devices and choose Reset Printing
System choice from the menu.
- A pop up is appears on the screen, choose the Reset option to confirm.
Now Resetting the Printing system deletes all the printers, so you have to add your printer again. Next, add your printer and check your issue is solved.
Question: How do you get a printer back online on a mac?
Ans: How do I reconnect my printer to my mac and How do you get a printer back online on a mac are connected with the same problem. if you follow the above guidelines carefully and use our step by step solution printer offline mac so your printer works in most scenarios but if it not working as you like so disconnect everything, restart your computer and printer and repeat the same steps again.