Today’s article deals with the issue of printer not activated error codes 30, 41, 20.
Solution 1: Give your account the full control to the program
Go with the following steps, to give your account the full control to the program:
- If you have a shortcut of the program on your desktop, right-click on the shortcut icon and then click Properties. If not, please go to your program location and right-click on it and also select Properties.
- Select the Security pane, then click your account and Edit.
- Select your account again. Then tick on the box of Full control.
- Click Apply > OK.
- Go on with the previous work to see if the error disappears.
Solution 2: Update your printer driver
There are ways to update your printer driver: manually and automatically.
Manual driver update — Go to your printer manufacturer’s website, and searching for the most recent correct driver for your printer. Be sure to choose the only driver that is compatible with your Windows version.
Automatic driver update — Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for your printer, and your variant of Windows system, and it will download and install them correctly:
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click the Update button next to the flagged printer driver to automatically download the correct version of that driver, then you can manually install it
- Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
- Restart your computer and go on with the previous work to see if the error disappears.
Solution 3: Update your Windows system
If you use Windows 10:
- Type update in the search box from Start. Then click Check for updates from the results.
- Click Check for updates.
- Windows should then check for updates and install if any available updates detected automatically.
- Reboot your Windows 10 and go on with the previous work to see if the error disappears.
PRINTER NOT ACTIVATED ERROR CODE 41
This printer not activated error code 41 is caused by a hardware device that’s been removed after the driver was loaded or by an issue with the device driver itself.
I would suggest you uninstall the drivers for the printer and again reinstall them manually from the manufacturer’s website.
- Reboot the machine and log in as “Administrator“.
- Go to the start menu and start typing MMC, you will see the Microsoft Management Console shortcut appear in the start menu; click on it.
- Go up to the File menu and select Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Then scroll down in the list and select the “Print Management” snap-in and then hit “Add“.
- At this screen you are going to want to select “Add the Local Server“, hit Finish and then hit ok.
- Then you can scroll down to your computer name, select the driver tree and then right-click on the driver you want to remove and select “Remove Driver Package“.
- Make sure you reboot your machine before trying to add new or different print drivers.
Then again install the Printer Software and check whether that works.
- Click on Start menu, type in devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager.
- The Device Manager will then display a list of installed devices in the right pane of the console.
- Expand the category for Network Adapter.
- Right-click the device and select Uninstall.
- A dialog box will pop up asking you to confirm ‘Uninstall’. Click OK to proceed.
Printer not activated error code 20
HP Printer not activated Error Code 20 is caused by an issue with the HP printer not being correctly configured on your system. This error typically shows when using your computer to try and print a document, image or spreadsheet and you then decide to print that document with your HP printer the following error message might appear.
You need to do is grant permissions for registry editing using the Registry Editor.
- Enter the Registry Editor. Press the “Start” button on the keyboard and type regedit. Do not press “Enter”. When it appears, right-click on it and select “Run as administrator.”
- Find the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG folder, in which you will be able to locate the Software folder. Right-click on it and choose “Permissions.”
- After the new window emerges, check whether is Full Control for the Users is enabled. Finish by clicking “Ok.” Exit the Registry Editor.
There is another option on how to grant the permissions using a Powershell Script. This solution works only in Windows 10 OS.
- Click the “Start” button and type cmd. Right-click on the program and again choose “Run as Administrator.”
- When the Command Prompt opens, type PowerShell and then click “Enter.”
- In the emerged window type the entire command. Make sure not to miss any sign or character:
PowerShell.exe -NoProfile -NoLogo -NonInteractive -Command “$key = [Microsoft.Win32.Registry]::CurrentConfig.OpenSubKey(‘Software’,[Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKeyPermissionCheck]::ReadWriteSubTree,[System.Security.AccessControl.RegistryRights]::ChangePermissions); $acl =$key.GetAccessControl(); $rule = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.RegistryAccessRule (‘Users’,’FullControl’,’ObjectInherit,ContainerInherit’,’None’,’Allow’); $acl.SetAccessRule($rule); $key.SetAccessControl($acl);”
Finally, Press “Start” and find “Final Draft” application. Depending on the version of your operating system, choose the application “Final Draft 8/9” and run it as the administrator. Afterward, the error 20 should stop appearing. So, these steps will help you to fix Printer not activated error codes 30, 41, 20 on windows 10.