Lonestard2l is a learning management system by Brightspace.
The Lone Star College uses BrightSpace Desire to Learn platform as its online learning management system.
How to access the Lonestard2l platform?
Here’s how you can access lonestard2l from the Lone Star College Homepage
- Open your web browser and navigate to “lonestar.edu.”
- Click the class login button at the top of the page.
- On the next page, click the Secure Login button.
- If the platform doesn’t open by itself, log in to your myLonestar account using your credentials.
Alternate Login option
- Open your web browser and navigate to lonestar.edu.
- Click on the class login page.
- Click the Alternate Login link under the secure login button.
- Pick your account by choosing the existing mail or adding a new account, then enter your password and click the Sign in button.
How to change your preferred name in lonestard2l
If you want to change your name from the default legal name, you can do that by following these simple steps in the lonestard2l platform.
- Log in to your account and go to Student tile.
- In the student tile, click on the Profile tab.
- Click on the + button in the profile tab.
- Choose the preferred type from the dropdown menu.
- Enter a new name in the field and click the save button.
Difference between lonestard2l mail and my Lonestar mail
lonestard2l email :-
Lonestard2l email is your email account for accessing lonestard2l courses. It allows you to communicate with your instructor and fellow students within the lonestard2l Learning Management System and to any Lone Star College employee’s Lonestar.edu email account with the help of a lonestard2l email. The lonestard2l email account can be used for in-course correspondence.
This email is the official college email account used for all official Lone Star College work.
Through the myLoneStar portal, you can access a fully functioning email system and you can use it as a normal email also.
How to enroll in classes – for new students
Here’s how new students can enroll themselves at Lonestar college for the first time.
- Log into myLoneStar using your credentials.
- Go to the Student Tile.
- On the Student Homepage, go to the manage classes option.
- Your degree plan will be shown in the upper hand corner of The Plan and Register for Courses page.
- You can update your degree plan by contacting the campus Academic Advising Office.
- Now click the registration button and choose the correct term in the Schedule Builder to begin selecting class sections.
- Select Enroll in Classes.
- Choose your class.
- The Course Information page will display.
- The Class Information page will display Class Details, Meeting Information, Enrollment Information, Class Availability, Textbook, and Class Notes.
- Selected course will be displayed. Click Enroll in classes and click yes.
- To Enroll or Add to Shopping Cart, select a radio button and then click Next.
- You can view the enrolled courses in the My classes option from the left pane.
- You have been successfully enrolled.
Here’s a basic guide to the lonestard2l platform homepage-
The Minibar contains icons that help you to access your courses, read alerts, and contain options to update your D2L profile settings.
Lone Star College logo:
You can click The “Lonestar College Online” logo to navigate to the lonestard2l portal homepage from any page.
Select a Course Icon:
It allows you to select a course from the course list and pin your preferred course.
Message Alerts Icon:
You can see all your unread instant messages or lonestard2l emails here.
Subscription Alerts Icon:
It notifies you of new posts for subscribed items.
Update Alerts Icon:
This icon notifies you of new updates, announcements, and grades.
Personal Menu: In the personal menu, there are options to edit your profile, change notification or account settings, and view your progress.
Facts and Questions
Is advising available online?
Online advisors can be accessed by online students and campus students can visit an advisor on campus. For further assistance, you can visit http://www.lonestar.edu/advising.htm.
How do I access my online class?
All classes are available through the Brightspace lonestard2l platform after midnight the day the class opens.
How to interact with classmates and mentors?
The students of Lone Star College are provided with a my.lonestar.edu email address. A lonestard2l email address will also be provided to students within your online classes. The Desire to Learn platform can be used to contact your instructor and your classmates. Class chat discussion forums are also available to post questions and discuss with the class.
Who can you contact for technical assistance? If you are having a problem accessing the portal or if you need any technical assistance, you can call the Lonesard2l College Service Desk at 832-813-6600. To get additional help, you can visit http://www.lonestar.edu/ots.htm