Todays’ topic mainly deals with the downloading and installation of Malwarebytes on your PC or android. So, before moving on the steps we will first have a look at the pros and cons of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Also, the definition of Malwarebytes. Then, We will follow the steps to Install Malwarebytes on Windows 10 PC or Android or iPhone.
What is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?
Malwarebytes (formerly Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, abbreviated as MBAM) is an anti-malware software for Microsoft Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS that finds and removes malware. Made by Malwarebytes Corporation, it was first released in January 2006. It is available in a free version, which scans for and removes malware when started manually, and a paid version, which additionally provides scheduled scans, real-time protection, and a flash-memory scanner.
PROS of Malwarebytes
It’s stable in Windows 10: With version 3.0, some users (we included) experienced seemingly random blue-screen errors in Windows 10 unless we disabled most or all of Malwarebytes’ active scanning functions. As a result, there wasn’t a lot to distinguish the paid version from the free one. However, we can report that we didn’t see any BSODs in Windows 10 during our testing of 3.2. This was the only truly major issue we saw in Malwarebytes version 3.0, so addressing it brings Malwarebytes back up to “recommended” status.
The scanning engine remains high-quality: Malwarebytes defaulted to placing these files in quarantine rather than deleting them. This is actually the preferred reflex, since PUPs aren’t necessarily harmful, and extracting them can disable the program that they came with. Generally speaking, Malwarebytes’ scanning tech rated favorably by independent testers. Such as West Coast Labs and Google’s VirusTotal service. It cultivated a reputation for not bogging down your PC.
Detailed, plain-English explanations: While other security vendors often slather on fancy-sounding terminology, Malwarebytes is good at telling you exactly what a given feature is doing. Take the “Usage and Threat Statistics” toggle, for example. This covers the anonymous usage data that it collects.
This kind of transparency about your data – and the deliberately limited extent of it – is good to have, and it’s not as common in the security industry as it should be.
CONS of Malwarebytes
Limited testing by independent labs: Malwarebytes does not submit its apps to the full gauntlets provided by AV-Test and AV-Comparatives, whose testing takes special notice of zero-day security. However, if Malwarebytes wants to be recognized among its competition. We’d argue that it needs to submit its apps to the same rigorous standards as the competition, even if those standards can create perception issues.
Steps to Install Malwarebytes
- Navigate to the Malwarebytes website.
- Click Free Download. User redirected to another page, and the download should begin automatically.
- Click “Click here” if the download does not begin automatically.
- Tap “Run” if you see a dialogue box at the bottom of your browser window asking if you want to save or run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Otherwise, browse to your Downloads folder and double-click the installer.
- Select the language of your choice and click “OK” when the “Select Setup Language” dialogue box appears.
- Click “Next” when you see the “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Setup Wizard” window.
- Select “I accept the agreement,” then click “Next,” when you see the “License Agreement” dialogue box.
- Click “Next” when you see the “Setup” dialogue box.
- Click “Next” in the “Select Destination Location” dialogue box.
- Tap on “Next” in the “Select Start Menu Folder” dialogue box.
- Click “Next” in the “Select Additional Tasks” dialogue box. Select the options you want.
- Click “Install” in the “Ready to Install” dialogue box.
- Tap “Finish” in the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Setup Wizard window after installation is complete.
Scanning with Malwarebytes
- Click “Scan Now” on the screen that appears when you run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware the first time. Before the scan begins, the application will check for updates to the malware database.
- Pay attention to the “Threat Scan” screen while Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scans your PC.
- Review the results once Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has finished the scan. If you think an item should not be quarantined, uncheck it. Otherwise, click “Quarantine Selected.”
- Click the “Reports” tab and make sure “Scan Report” is selected, then click “View Report” for more detailed results.
- Tap on the “Quarantine” tab to view quarantined items.
- Click individual items in Quarantine to delete them.
- Restart your computer to complete the malware removal process.
Download and Install Malwarebytes for Android
- On your Android device, open the Google Play Store app.
- To search the Google Play Store, tap the Google Play banner.
- Enter Malwarebytes for Android, then tap Malwarebytes for Android in the list of results.
- Tap Install.
- When Malwarebytes for Android finished installing, tap Open to begin using Malwarebytes for Android.
- The first time Malwarebytes launched.
- You asked to allow Malwarebytes permissions on your Android device. Tap Get started.
- Tap Give permission to allow Malwarebytes to access files and folders in order to protect your device.
- Click on ALLOW.
- You may tap Start Premium trial to enjoy a free 30-day trial of Malwarebytes Premium, with no obligation to purchase. If you wish to use the limited free version, tap SKIP.
So, these methods involved in the download and install Malwarebytes for your PC as well as android.