Many Avast antivirus users asked us about the avast antivirus uninstallation process. They ask “How to Uninstall Avast Mac or Windows 10?” and what is the right way to remove avast from windows or mac PC. People ask after Avast Uninstall Process “does avast uninstall affect my computer”. In this article, you will find the right way to uninstall avast antivirus from windows 10.
How to Uninstall Avast Windows 10?
Once you uninstall avast free antivirus from windows 10, then don’t leave your pc without antivirus. Because without any security software your PC is open for hackers and cybercriminals. So, you should put another antivirus software on your PC like PC Matic, Norton or Malwarebytes, etc.
Guide for Avast Uninstall Windows 10:
- Open Windows 10 Start Menu bar
- Click on settings
- Now, Click on “System”
- Now, click on “Apps and Features”
- Find the Avast Antivirus from the List
- Now, Click on avast uninstall
- Windows will ask you for the confirmation
- Click on “Yes”
- You can see now, the process of uninstallation begin
- A screen will open asking for final permission
- Click on “YES” to Uninstall Avast Antivirus. After the process, a Pop-up will open on your Windows PC screen Asking for a system restart.
- All done
I hope these steps will give you a clear idea of the avast uninstall. Follow the steps to remove the avast from windows 10.
How to Uninstall Avast Windows 10?
Yes, you need to follow these steps after avast antivirus uninstall. You need to delete the avast left files. But you can’t delete them manually. If you do so, you can get in trouble. So, you need to download the Avast Removal Tool. Which will help you remove avast antivirus files from windows 10?
Follow the steps to remove avast using an avast removal tool
- You need to download the avast removal tool from the avast official website.
- Now, Start windows 10 in safe mode
- Run the Program name avast removal tool
- It will automatically find the avast antivirus files. If it was installed in another drive.
- Select the folder. But be careful because it will remove the selected folder.
- Now, Click on remove
- Reboot your PC.
How to Uninstall Avast Mac?
Don’t leave mac without antivirus or anti-malware software after removing avast antivirus. Follow to steps to uninstall avast from mac. There are 2 ways to uninstall avast. Follow them properly:
- Uninstall Avast Manually
- Using Avast Uninstaller
Way 1: Uninstall Avast Antivirus Manually
If you are looking to uninstall Avast antivirus manually, then you are the right place. Follow the steps given below to remove avast antivirus from mac
- First, Quit avast antivirus
- Remove the app from Application Folder
- Now, Delete Avast files from the library folder. The folder details are given below:
- Macintosh HD > Users > [current user] >~Library > Application Support > Avast
- Macintosh HD > Users > [current user] >~Library > Caches > com.avast.AAFM
- Macintosh HD > Users > [current user] >~Library > LaunchAgents > com.avast.home.userpront.plist
Way 2: Uninstall Avast using Avast Uninstaller
Avast Antivirus offers a custom uninstaller tool which is known as the avast removal tool. This tool will help you to Remove avast from Mac. You can a with “.dmg” extension. Which you used to install Avast previously.
If you have deleted that file accidentally then you can download it by clicking on the download button below. Click on Uninstall Avast Mac instead of clicking on avast antivirus installation.
These steps will help you to uninstall avast antivirus from Mac or Windows 10. Install the Best antivirus software which offers firewall security. The firewall blocks suspicious websites and malicious actions. If the steps will not help you to uninstall avast windows 10 or uninstall avast mac, then you should take help from the expert technician. If you are not able to uninstall avast completely then follow the steps given below.
Avast Won’t Uninstall [Fixed]
There are several reasons why avast won’t uninstall windows 10 or mac. Might be some background process is going on that would cancel the uninstallation utility. You need to disable avast antivirus deepscreen from settings. Then try to uninstall avast antivirus. There are many users who face issues like avast won’t uninstall or avast not responding or Avast UI failed to load. So, I suggest you take help the expert technician, who will help you.
Steps to Disable Avast DeepScreen
- Open avast settings
- Click General
- Uncheck enable deepscreen option
- Press ok button