Lone Star College https://www.lonestar.edu/ (LSC) system is a public institution located in the northern part of Houston, Texas.
There are seven campuses at Lone Star College, spread throughout the North Houston metro area, covering a 1,400 square mile area in Harris and Montgomery counties. The system also has eight satellite centers, two university center locations, five program-specific centers, and two system offices.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges accredit Lone Star College to award associate’s and baccalaureate degrees. At Lone Star College System, associate’s degrees are the highest degree offered. The school offers credit for life experience and has an open admissions policy.
Lone Star College Vision and Mission
Lone Star College System is dedicated to providing quality education and programs to enrich lives.
The mission of Lone Star College is to be a model college recognized globally for excellence in academics, student success, gainful employment, equity, and affordability.
The application process at Lone Star College is free and open to all.
In order to apply to Lone Star College, you need to complete the online application through Apply Texas https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/gen/c_start.WBX .
Get Started by Creating an Account
- To create an Apply Texas account, visit ApplyTexas.org https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/gen/c_start.WBX and click “Get started” in the red bar.
- On the “My Account Dashboard-My Profile” page, enter your information. Enter your email as your username and your password at the end of your student profile. Make sure you’ve clicked the captcha. Click “save profile” after you type your password.
- Verify your email address by checking your email.
The First Section: Application Listing
- You will find the “My Applications” tab at the top of your profile once you’ve completed it.
- Click on “create new application now”.
- To start a new application for college, click on “create a new 2 year college admission application“.
- Select the “Lone Star College System” option under Target College.
- If you are applying for dual credit courses, choose “Yes“; otherwise, choose “No” if you will be attending college courses after you graduate from high school.
- Select the semester “semester of entry” in which you are applying, such as spring term (Jan-May) if applying for the spring, summer if applying for the summer, and fall if applying for the fall.
- Select School/Program
Click “First Choice School/Program” according to your area of interest.
- Click on Continue.
- Consider your major; choose a specific area of study that you are interested in and click “continue”.
- Click “Continue to my application”.
The Second Section: Biographical Information
- When asked about your biographical information, check the box for dual credit or say “No” if you are going to college after high school.
- Fill all the required details.
- You may select whether you have been adopted from foster care in Texas or were ever placed in foster care.
- Select “ADVi text messaging consent”
Please confirm your consent and agreement to receive communications from ApplyTexas and its partners (Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and AdmitHub) via email or text message (including SMS and MMS).
- Select your preferred campus in “Campus Selection”.
- Click “save changes”.
The Third Section: Educational Background
- Choose your high school of graduation.
Click on “Find Your High School”
Fill the required details in the new tab and submit.
- Select “Yes” to indicate you’re homeschooled, or “No” to indicate you’re not.
- Select “Not Applicable”.
- Select whether you are currently suspended from your last college or university. Click “save changes”.
- Choose whether you took a Tech Prep course for college credit or not.
- Indicate on what basis you are seeking admission. Select the option which is most appropriate for you.
- Describe the primary reason you are attending this college.
- Click “save changes”.
The Fourth Section: Residency Information
- Choose whether you file your own federal income taxes as an independent taxpayer or not.
- Select whether your parents or court-appointed guardians claim you as a dependent, or if you’re eligible for such claim. Click “save and continue to next question”.
The Fifth Section :- Custom Questions for this Institution
- Choose your Texas Independent School District (ISD).
- Select yes if you plan to take ONLY online courses.
- Please click ‘yes’ if you’re interested in receiving text messages from Lone Star College.
- You can choose whether you want Lone Star College to contact you by text or phone (including automatic calls and texts) on a limited basis.
- Financial Responsibility; Click “I agree”.
- Delivery Method, please accept that the College may convert a face-to-face or hybrid course to an online format to protect the health and safety of the College community, to comply with laws or regulations, or for any other reason it deems reasonable.
- Click “save, acknowledge question”.
- Tick the box for resending the verification email. Click “Resend Verification”.
- Click “Save and Proceed to application submission”.
- Submit your application, Check the box and Click “Submit Application Now”.
NOTE: – Once your Lone Star College ID number has been received, go to my.lonestar.edu and click “Forgot Password”. Enter your Lone Star College ID number and click “Reset/Create Password”.
Federal Stimulus Funds Available at Loan Star College
Federal stimulus funds have been made available to Lone Star College to help students. Students may receive a grant of up to $1,400 if they are eligible for Pell Grants.
It should be noted that these funds will not be applied to past or current tuition and fees.