Online visibility of your website or online shop is essential to generate organic leads. The secret is mastering an excellent and actionable keyword research strategy to develop many organic leaders. Optimizing your website and online shop with SEO improves your search engine result pages (SERPs) ranking. If your page appears on the first page of search results, the level of click-through rates grows significantly.
However, SEO marketing takes skill and strategy to hack the digital marketing space. In most cases, business owners lack the talent. But this should not be a barrier for your online marketing campaigns as you can partner with an agency helping teams with search marketing. Managed services have a team of professionals who understand the right tactics to market your brand online. In addition, it may cost you lower than it would if you’ve got an in-house team doing the work for you. Moreover, you can also master the skill to help you in the future. Here is how you can master keyword research.
- Identify Relevant Keywords
The journey to having a successful SEO marketing campaign starts with identifying the right keywords to use. These keywords are terms and phrases that your target audience is likely to use when searching for your products online. You may take a few minutes to brainstorm and develop a list of search keywords, both long and short-tail keywords.
On top of that, you can use keyword research tools such as Ubersuggest, Google AdWords, SemRush, among others. For instance, if you prefer to use Google AdWords, enter a keyword, and relevant information surrounding that keyword will appear. This information includes the search volume, which is the monthly search of the word. In addition, there is more information concerning its competition and cost per click.
Besides this data, you’ll see related keywords that you can use to beef up your keyword list. Some filters can help you undertake a narrower or a broader range of keywords. It will help you have a wide or exact phrase match.
- Note The Keywords You’re Already Ranking
If you’re not launching a new website, you most likely have keywords for which your website is already ranking. Specific tools can help you identify ranking keywords, such as Google Search Console or Ahrefs. The goodness with Google Search Console is it gives you a search analytics report. In this report, there’ll be an indication of each keywords’ position. You can also know the number of impressions and clicks each keyword generates. For the Ahrefs, it’s more or less like Google Search Console. However, it shows you the keyword difficulty, which offers you an insight into the keywords that you can manipulate to rise into the top-ten position of search results. On top of that, Ahrefs displays your competitors’ keywords to rank competitively.
Select The Best Keywords
From the efforts made in the above steps, you now have a good list from which you can choose your best keywords. The best keywords will ensure that your SEO campaigns achieve the desired results. Here are good points of consideration for each keyword:
- Does the keyword have good traffic potential?
- Considering the competition in your niche, will the keyword help you have a competitive advantage in ranking.
- Is the keyword likely to generate a good return on investment (ROI) of traffic? A good return on investment would be a rise in leads. Moreover, these leads ought to convert into sales.
To help you identify the keywords that have the best ROI, here are points of consideration:
- Choose the words with a high search volume but low difficulty.
- Identify your competitors’ words with high search volume. These competitors’ keywords should be those with lower domain authority and backlinks.
- Focus on moving your keywords up the search engine results even if your website appears on the first SERP.
- If you intend to have online shop keywords, your bias should be on words with the best commercial intent. On the other hand, your keywords should have an informational purpose if you’re a blogger.
If you’ll succeed in digital marketing, then, it’s no doubt that you’ll have to be thorough in your SEO marketing skills. If you’re a newbie in SEO marketing, beware that understanding how you can perform a quality keyword search for your online shop or blogging website might be the only thing that is holding you back from leveling your organic leads and sales. With that said, this article is a valuable resource that helps you improve your keyword search skills. There is no telling how much your online visibility may grow with the best keywords.