Table of Contents
What is the Printer in Offline Mode?
When you want to print out some documents and your printer shows “ready to print “and still you don’t get print. You switch on and off, check papers quantity, check ink, etc. But do you know it is just the case of printer offline? Now, offline means printer is not connected to the network and the printer doesn’t have the hardware to get connected by itself, we need to connect it to a computer and then the computer gets connected to a network.
Printer Support Number: 1-888-272-9xxx
The offline mode of a printer gets displayed in the control panel of the printer.
Why my Printer is Offline?
As we have seen, the computer is a mediator between printer and network, so any connectivity issue could lead to this issue. Like improper connectivity between computer and printer or computer and network. This may also arise due to router issues.
This could also occur due to the old printer driver, like if you don’t update your printer driver regularly which may stop the printer from responding correctly.
The other reason is computer software, if the software is not adaptable to a printer or not connecting the printer to computer then you get the issue.
Another small reason is, the paper getting stuck or printer getting heated.
This troubleshooting issue occurs in all types of printer like HP, Brother, Canon, Epson, etc.
We need to bring the printer to the online mode
We need to do this because the printer doesn’t have a hard drive hence it doesn’t perform the task of reading and printing. It has to always be connected to the computer but if the printer gets online it doesn’t need much time and process, it can directly print our documents. The document gets transmitted through the remote connection and your work is done in seconds.
How to Bring Printer Offline to Online?
Here are some simple solutions to problems:
- Check the wifi connection of computer and printer, they must be connected to the same network to avoid network issues.
- Connect through Ethernet: check the Ethernet cord, sometimes the cord wire may not be adaptable to the printer.
- Sometimes too many documents at a time may cause it to go offline. For this try canceling all documents, clear all of them and restart printer again.
- Don’t always keep the printer connected to the system rather let it get connected only when used.
HP Printer Offline to Online Windows
- Step:1 select start
- Step:2 settings
- Step:3 devices
- Step:4 printers and scanners
- Step:5 select your printer
- Step:6 open queue
- Step:7 unselect printer offline mode
- Step:8 update and restart
Note: This is the general method for bringing offline mode to online.
Fix Hp Printer Offline Windows 10
Rebooting your PC can sometimes help to refresh the services and components necessary for your device to communicate with your printer.
Time needed: 10 minutes
Know the steps to fix printer is offline issues windows 10. Follow the process step by step:
- Check that the printer is turned on and is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
This is a common and simple step that has to be followed.
- Run a printer power cycle
Turn off the printer and unplug it, leave it for some time and then plug back and turn it on. This is called power-cycling. which is helpful in resolving the issue.
- Set your printer as the default printer
1. This is a process which includes the following steps,
2. Select the Start button.
3. Select Settings.
4. Click Devices.
5. Click Printers & scanners.
6. Select your printer.
7. Select Open queue.
8. Under Printer, select Set As Default Printer.
9. Clear Pause Printing
10. Use Printer Offline
11. Select OK.
Guidelines: after selecting OK, windows will stop making the last printer as your default one. To make it normal then follow the same process but after opening, printers & scanners click on Let Windows manage my default printer.
- Clear the print queue
Select Start button >> Select Settings >> Devices >> Printers & scanners>> Select your printer>> Select Open queue >> Under Document Name >> select any documents listed >> Under Document >> Select Cancel
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue
In the search box on the taskbar, type services, and then select Services in the list of results. Find the Print Spooler service, right-click it, and select Restart.
- Remove and re-add your printer to your device
Select Start button >> Select Settings >> Devices >> Printers & scanners >> Select your printer>> Select remote device >> Select yes >> Under printers &scanners >> Select add a printer or scanner >> Redo instructions to re-add the printer
- Restart your PC
Rebooting your PC can sometimes help to refresh the services and components necessary for your device to communicate with your printer
Fix Hp Printer is Offline Windows 7/8/8.1
- Hold the Windows key and type the letter R. a run box will open and in the Run box, type control printers and then click OK.
- Right-Click on the printer icon and then select See what’s printing in the dropdown menu.
- In the next screen, click on the Printer tab. Use Printer Offline fix will have a checkmark to the left of it. Click Use Printer Offline. Basically, you are unselecting the Use Printer Offline option.
- Close the window. The printer can be used online.
Stop Printer Going to Offline Mode
There is one technique which can stop the printer from frequently going offline:
- Firstly, Open the Start menu and then click on the Control Panel button. And when the panel opens, double click on the printers and faxes or Printers and devices icon.
- Secondly, right-click on the icon for the printer that keeps switching to offline mode and then choose Properties from the contextual menu that appears. Now, go to the ports tab which is at the top of the pop –up window and then click the button named “Add Port”.
- Thirdly, choose Standard TCP/IP Port from the drop-down list and then click “new port”. Enter the printers IP address.
- Lastly, click “next” and “finish” buttons. The printer will automatically go online and will stop switching to offline mode.
- This method referred to as the porting method.
Fix Printer Offline ProblemVideo?
How to Printer Online in Windows 10
If you are facing in this situation, do not worry about this please flow the steps to given below to solve your Printer Online in Windows 10.
1. Go to Setting and Make Printer Online
The easy path to make printer online in Windows 10. Go to the setting application and disable Printer offline option.
- Go to Settings on your device and click on Devices.
- Next, click on Printer & Scanners in the left-pane. In the right side, choose your printer and hit on open queue option.
After few time wait for the printer to come back online.
2. Use Device Manager Make Printer Online
If you choose to use Device Manager, you can see the steps is given below to make a printer online on your Microsoft Windows computer.
- Right-click on the Start tab and hit on Device Manager option in the WinX menu.
2. Next Device Manager, hit in the Action tab and choose Devices and Printer opt in the drop-down menu.
Note: If the Printer and Devices option does not show, retry after few times later.
3. See the Devices and Printers menu, right-click on the Offline Printer and choose see what’s printing alternative in the contextual menu.
4. Go to the next screen, choose the Printer and hit on the Use Printer Offline option to remove the check box mark on this item.
5. Now wait a few minutes printer to come back online.
The printer has come back online, it will start printing what was in the queued print.
Contact Printer Support Number 1-888-272-9xxx
If you have followed all the steps and still unable to fix hp printer offline issue then you can call on 1-888-272-9xxx Printer Support Number. The technician is available round the Clock to Fix the problem customer-facing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)-
Question: 1. Check the Computer and Printer Connection
Ans: Firstly: Check your printer cables. Confirm they are properly plugged into both the computer and the printer.
Next, check your network is working properly. If you have trouble with connecting to the internet, it is not an issue localized to the printer. In which case, how to fix Windows 10 Wi-Fi issues will be handy.
If possible, use another method for adding your computer to the printer. If you are using Wi-Fi, switch to Ethernet, and vice versa.
Question: 2. Restart the Computer and Printer.
Ans: Now, turn your printer and computer off. Next, unplug the printer,s power cable, hold 45 seconds, and plug it back in. Wait Printer takes to little more time to fully boot up, it will not come back from standby, therefore it might take more than usual.
Once the printer is turned on, switch your device back on and look if the printer is now online.