What is the Printer in Offline Mode?
When you want to print out some documents and your printer shows “ready to print “and still you don’t get print. You switch on and off, check papers quantity, check ink, etc. But do you know it is just the case of printer offline? Now, offline means printer is not connected to the network and the printer doesn’t have the hardware to get connected by itself, we need to connect it to a computer and then the computer gets connected to a network.
Printer Support Number: 1-800-215-0329
The offline mode of a printer gets displayed in the control panel of the printer.
Why my Printer is Offline?
As we have seen, the computer is a mediator between printer and network, so any connectivity issue could lead to this issue. Like improper connectivity between computer and printer or computer and network. This may also arise due to router issues.
This could also occur due to the old printer driver, like if you don’t update your printer driver regularly which may stop the printer from responding correctly.
The other reason is computer software, if the software is not adaptable to a printer or not connecting the printer to computer then you get the issue.
Another small reason is, the paper getting stuck or printer getting heated.
This troubleshooting issue occurs in all types of printer like HP, Brother, Canon, Epson, etc.
We need to bring the printer to the online mode
We need to do this because the printer doesn’t have a hard drive hence it doesn’t perform the task of reading and printing. It has to always be connected to the computer but if the printer gets online it doesn’t need much time and process, it can directly print our documents. The document gets transmitted through the remote connection and your work is done in seconds.
How to Bring Printer Offline to Online?
Here are some simple solutions to problems:
- Check the wifi connection of computer and printer, they must be connected to the same network to avoid network issues.
- Connect through Ethernet: check the Ethernet cord, sometimes the cord wire may not be adaptable to the printer.
- Sometimes too many documents at a time may cause it to go offline. For this try canceling all documents, clear all of them and restart printer again.
- Don’t always keep the printer connected to the system rather let it get connected only when used.
HP Printer Offline to Online Windows
- Step:1 select start
- Step:2 settings
- Step:3 devices
- Step:4 printers and scanners
- Step:5 select your printer
- Step:6 open queue
- Step:7 unselect printer offline mode
- Step:8 update and restart
Note: This is the general method for bringing offline mode to online.
Fix Hp Printer Offline Windows 10
Rebooting your PC can sometimes help to refresh the services and components necessary for your device to communicate with your printer.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Know the steps to fix printer is offline issues windows 10. Follow the process step by step:
- Check that the printer is turned on and is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
This is a common and simple step that has to be followed.
- Run a printer power cycle
Turn off the printer and unplug it, leave it for some time and then plug back and turn it on. This is called power-cycling. which is helpful in resolving the issue.
- Set your printer as the default printer
1. This is a process which includes the following steps,
2. Select the Start button.
3. Select Settings.
4. Click Devices.
5. Click Printers & scanners.
6. Select your printer.
7. Select Open queue.
8. Under Printer, select Set As Default Printer.
9. Clear Pause Printing
10. Use Printer Offline
11. Select OK.
Guidelines: after selecting OK, windows will stop making the last printer as your default one. To make it normal then follow the same process but after opening, printers & scanners click on Let Windows manage my default printer.
- Clear the print queue
Select Start button >> Select Settings >> Devices >> Printers & scanners>> Select your printer>> Select Open queue >> Under Document Name >> select any documents listed >> Under Document >> Select Cancel
- Reset the service that manages the printing queue
In the search box on the taskbar, type services, and then select Services in the list of results. Find the Print Spooler service, right-click it, and select Restart.
- Remove and re-add your printer to your device
Select Start button >> Select Settings >> Devices >> Printers & scanners >> Select your printer>> Select remote device >> Select yes >> Under printers &scanners >> Select add a printer or scanner >> Redo instructions to re-add the printer
- Restart your PC
Rebooting your PC can sometimes help to refresh the services and components necessary for your device to communicate with your printer
Fix Hp Printer is Offline Windows 7/8/8.1
- Hold the Windows key and type the letter R. a run box will open and in the Run box, type control printers and then click OK.
- Right-Click on the printer icon and then select See what’s printing in the dropdown menu.
- In the next screen, click on the Printer tab. Use Printer Offline will have a checkmark to the left of it. Click Use Printer Offline. Basically, you are unselecting the Use Printer Offline option.
- Close the window. The printer can be used online.
Stop Printer Going to Offline Mode
There is one technique which can stop the printer from frequently going offline:
- Firstly, Open the Start menu and then click on the Control Panel button. And when the panel opens, double click on the printers and faxes or Printers and devices icon.
- Secondly, right-click on the icon for the printer that keeps switching to offline mode and then choose Properties from the contextual menu that appears. Now, go to the ports tab which is at the top of the pop –up window and then click the button named “Add Port”.
- Thirdly, choose Standard TCP/IP Port from the drop-down list and then click “new port”. Enter the printers IP address.
- Lastly, click “next” and “finish” buttons. The printer will automatically go online and will stop switching to offline mode.
- This method referred to as the porting method.
Contact Printer Support Number 1-800-215-0329
If you have followed all the steps and still unable to fix hp printer offline issue then you can call on 1-800-215-0329 Printer Support Number. The technician is available round the Clock to Fix the problem customer-facing.