The outlook is far better than any other email like g-mail as it works even without network. It has many advantages over others but it also has few problems like inbox drive memory, hanging, viruses affection. Now, outlook email not working in technical terms mean you can’t send, read do anything with respect to emails. You are not able to connect to outlook.com when online.
Major Outlook Problems & their Solutions
Major Outlook Problems: message loading but not coming, freeze, break entirely as you open an email, email not sent, email not received.
- The very common solution is your drive which is running, storing the data is full then all these problems occur. This is the limitation of outlook that its data storage is not unlimited it is limited to the drive you have installed.
- The second solution is scanning with antivirus as there might be some junk files that may affect the processing working of outlook.
- Sometimes network issues could also lead to these problems.
- There might be some emails which outlook might feel junk and put them under junk rather than in inbox.
- Update of software is a must for every software or else it will get slow with changing updates of other software in the system.
Errors occur due to various reasons such as:
- Incorrect account settings,
- Oversized Outlook data files,
- MS Outlook internal application conflict,
- Windows firewall issues,
- Incorrect Office installation,
- Invalid User Id or password,
- Virus threats,
- wrong port number for the outgoing (SMTP) server, etc.
The common problems are:
Outlook email not receiving, Outlook email not syncing with iPhone, Outlook email search not working.
Outlook Email not Working
Troubleshoot Outlook Not Receiving Emails in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 or 2010. First, you have to confirm your connection, make sure you are working online in Outlook
- Look at the lower-right corner of the Outlook window. Check whether it says Disconnected, Working Offline, or Trying to connect, you are not connected to your email server.
- Click the Send/Receive tab on the ribbon.
- Click Work Offline in the Preferences group. You should now see Connected to Server in the lower-right corner of the window.
- Click the Send/Receive All Folders button in the Send & Receive group.
- Check to see if the message is now in the received or still in the outbox.
- If not found check other locations for the emails like junk folder.
- Create a new profile:
Time needed: 3 minutes.
It so happens that sometimes if your profile is corrupt, outlook stops sending emails.
Click Account Settings
Choose Manage Profiles from the drop-down list
Click Show Profiles
Type a name for the new profile in the Profile Name box and then click OK
Follow the prompts to set up your email account in the new profile
Step 8: Restart Outlook with new profile.
Call Email Phone Number 1-888-272-9758
TURN ON SMTP AUTHENTICATION
If your email service requires authentication and your settings are not correct, you will not receive emails.
- Start Outlook.
- Go to the Tools menu and click Accounts.
- Select the email account in the left pane of the Accounts box.
- Click More Options under Outgoing Server.
- Choose the authentication type on the pop-up menu that appears.
- Follow the prompts to enter your credentials.
- Empty your inbox from junk mails
- Check your email setting and forwarding setting settings by resetting and restarting outlook.
Outlook Email not Syncing with iPhone
Sync iPhone with Outlook Calendar – adjust the settings while setting up the synchronization, which helps you to Access all your appointments and meetings via iPhone. All the Calendar entries from your Outlook will be added to your iPhone. The changes will be synchronized both ways, so there is no need to re-enter the same events twice.
Sync Outlook with iPhone Contacts: Add contact synchronization to the settings and all your Outlook contacts will be synchronized with your iPhone. Have all your contacts wherever you are, reach all the people you need no matter if you are at your desktop, or using your iPhone on the run.
Sync Outlook with iPhone as a default email account
To set up your Microsoft account as default email account:
- Go to “Settings” and tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” to add an account;
- Choose Microsoft Exchange;
- Leave the “Domain” box empty. Enter the email, username, and password. Use the full email address in the “Email” and “Username” boxes.
- Tap “Next”. It will start an automatic search for settings to set up your account.
- Choose the data that you want to synchronize. By default, it will sync your Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
Tip for not syncing properly:
If the account configured on your mobile device is not working properly in the Outlook.com server. This issue is solved by removing and reconfiguring the account on your mobile device.
Outlook Email Search not Working
This outlook function is very useful for people who get many emails per day.
Step 1: Remove Windows Search feature from Control Panel
- Open Windows Control Panel
- Programs and Features (or “Uninstall a Program“) if you have Windows 8, 7
- Click “Turn Windows features on or off“.
- From the list uncheck the “Windows Search” feature and then press yes at the warning message.
- Click OK
After Windows make the changes to features and then restart your computer when prompted.
After the restart, open Outlook and let the program to reconfigure the search function.
Step 2: Enable the Windows Search feature from the Control Panel
- Navigate again in Control Panel
- Click Programs & Features
- Turn Windows features on options
- Select the “Windows Search” checkbox.
- Wait unit Windows make the changes to features
- Restart your computer
Step 3: Rebuild the Windows Index
- Now, go to the control panel and open “Indexing options“.
- In the index options, dialogue box choose “ Advanced”
- In Advanced Options, select “Rebuild“.
- Click OK at the information message.
- Wait until rebuilding is finished.
- When the Indexing is completed, Close Indexing Options window.
- Open Outlook.
- Finally, wait until Outlook indexes all Outlook items.
- When indexing is completed, start using search again without problems
These are the methods with which we can fix problems related to outlook emails.
Outlook Email Support: 1-888-272-9758
If you followed all the steps and still the same problem is appearing then you should contact outlook email support team. The technician in the team is capable to fix outlook email not working issue.