Hp Printer is the best printer to get the documents printed. You may encounter an error message HP Printer Installation Failed on your computer screen during the installation process. Such an error shows that the driver is not completely installed into the operating system. Make sure USB cable is disconnected from the printer. Turn the HP printer OFF and then make it ON again.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
- Select your HP Printer
- Select Uninstall
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
- In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete‘ or `Remove Device‘
- Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s“)
- Click on the “Drivers” tab
- Look for the HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
- Select Ok
- Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
- Close Devices and Printers
Solution: Clear your computer, run Windows Update, and reinstall the HP Printer Driver. Follow these steps to fix hp printer installation problems 2020.
Step 1: Clear your computer and run Windows Update
- Make sure that you have let the setup program complete by clicking Continue in the setup screen.
- Unplug the USB cable from the product.
- Reboot your computer.
- Run Windows Update:
- Click the Windows icon and then type Windows Update in the Search programs and files box.
- In the Security area, click Check for updates.
- On the Windows Update screen, click Check for updates.
- Accept all updates or at least critical updates.
- Reboot your computer. (You might be prompted to do this.)
Step 2: Reinstall HP Printer Driver
Use one of the following methods to reinstall the HP Printer Driver. So, you can resolve the hp printer installation failed problem while connecting the hp printer to wifi.
Method 1: Download and Install HP Printer Driver from Website
- Disconnect the USB cable from both the product and the computer (if you already connected it).
- Turn the product on.
- Right-click this link: Get Software and Drivers, and then click Open in a new window.
- Type your product number, and then click Next. You might also need to click your model in a list of similar products.
- Click Software & Driver Downloads.
- Select your operating system, and then click Next.
- Click the Plus sign next to Driver, and then click the driver that you want to download.
- Read through the minimum system requirements and additional instructions. You can also click View directions for complete download instructions.
- This option allows you to install the software at any time after the download completes.
- Click Save, and then browse to the location on your computer where you want to save the file.
- Click Save. The software downloads to your computer.
Hint: Make a note of the place that you saved the file, in case you want to install it at a later time.
Method 2: Use the Software CD
Follow these steps to install hp printer driver software from printer CD.
- Load the CD into the CD drive, and then close the drive.
- If the CD is already in the CD drive, open and then close the CD drive.
- The software installer starts automatically.
- If the install Wizard does not start automatically, click the Windows icon, click My Computer, and then double-click the CD drive.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting. If these steps don’t fix the hp printer installation failed issue, then you can contact the hp printer support team. That will take care of your problems like hp printer not working, hp printer in error state, etc.