Hp Printer is the best printer to get the documents printed. You may encounter an error message HP Printer Installation Failed on your computer screen during the installation process. Such an error shows that the driver is not completely installed into the operating system. Make sure USB cable is disconnected from the printer. Turn the HP printer OFF and then make it ON again.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
- Select your HP Printer
- Select Uninstall
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
- In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete‘ or `Remove Device‘
- Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s“)
- Click on the “Drivers” tab
- Look for the HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
- Select Ok
- Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
- Close Devices and Printers
Solution: Clear your computer, run Windows Update, and reinstall the HP Printer Driver. Follow these steps to fix hp printer installation problems 2022.
Step 1: Clear your computer and run Windows Update
- Make sure that you have let the setup program complete by clicking Continue in the setup screen.
- Unplug the USB cable from the product.
- Reboot your computer.
- Run Windows Update:
- Click the Windows icon and then type Windows Update in the Search programs and files box.
- In the Security area, click Check for updates.
- On the Windows Update screen, click Check for updates.
- Accept all updates or at least critical updates.
- Reboot your computer. (You might be prompted to do this.)
Step 2: Reinstall HP Printer Driver
Use one of the following methods to reinstall the HP Printer Driver. So, you can resolve the hp printer installation failed problem while connecting the hp printer to wifi.
Method 1: Download and Install HP Printer Driver from Website
- Disconnect the USB cable from both the product and the computer (if you already connected it).
- Turn the product on.
- Right-click this link: Get Software and Drivers, and then click Open in a new window.
- Type your product number, and then click Next. You might also need to click your model in a list of similar products.
- Click Software & Driver Downloads.
- Select your operating system, and then click Next.
- Click the Plus sign next to Driver, and then click the driver that you want to download.
- Read through the minimum system requirements and additional instructions. You can also click View directions for complete download instructions.
- This option allows you to install the software at any time after the download completes.
- Click Save, and then browse to the location on your computer where you want to save the file.
- Click Save. The software downloads to your computer.
Hint: Make a note of the place that you saved the file, in case you want to install it at a later time.
Method 2: Use the Software CD
Follow these steps to install hp printer driver software from printer CD.
- Load the CD into the CD drive, and then close the drive.
- If the CD is already in the CD drive, open and then close the CD drive.
- The software installer starts automatically.
- If the install Wizard does not start automatically, click the Windows icon, click My Computer, and then double-click the CD drive.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting. If these steps don’t fix the hp printer installation failed issue, then you can contact the hp printer support team. That will take care of your problems like hp printer not working, hp printer in error state, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)-
Question: Why is my hp printer driver not installing
Ans: The steps to troubleshoot and fix the printer driver.
- Check for a printer driver update on the manufacturer’s website.
or go to the hp printer website: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/printers
- Download and save it on your device.
- Uninstall the previous printer driver and install the download latest driver.
- Double click to open the downloaded file and follow the instruction on the screen to install it.
Question: How to Fix HP Printer installation failed windows 7
Ans: Follow the given steps to fix HP Printer Driver Installation Problem:
- Go to the installation ways and find the error in the installation.
- Visit the official web page to diagnose the problem. This problem may be caused by the older version of the driver or incompatible with the OS. Download the latest compatible version of the driver.
- After downloading, go to the download folder and double click the .exe file to install the Driver.
- Restart your Computer
- Attach your printer by default or manual configuration and apply your printing session.
Question: How to Fix HP Printer installation failed windows 10
Ans: Fix HP Printer installation failed windows 10
- Check the power cable connection
- Unplug the power cable and wait for 30 seconds and plug it back in.
- If the problem continues please uninstall the printer and go to the official website and download the latest compatible version of the driver and install it.
- Make sure that your printer software has been installed correctly
Question: How to Fix Reset the Printer on Windows 10?
Ans: To reset the Printer on Windows 10, follow the given steps:
Resetting the Windows Device Manager.
Running the CMD as administrator and executing net stop spooler command. OR
Open the Setting app.
Click on Devices.
Click Printers & Scanners.
Right-click the printer and click Restart Printer.
Question: How to fix your printer not printing?
Ans: Follow the steps to fix the printer not printing issue:
- Check the printer connection
- Check your printer error lights.
- Clear the hp printer queue.
- Confirm you have the right printer
- Check ink cartridges.
- Check paper cartage.
- Make sure your printer driver is properly installed.
Question: What hp printers are compatible with windows 10?
Ans: The following are the printers that are compatible with Windows 10:
- HP Officejet 7000 Wireless e-All-in-One Printer
- HP Photosmart C4700 All in One Printer
Know more visit: All printers compatible with windows 10
Question: How to download hp printer assistant windows 10?
Ans: The hp printer assistant is a software program that can be downloaded for your windows 10 operating system. It is available for free and can be installed on any Windows 10 device as long as you have an internet connection.
To download the hp printer assistant, you will first need to go to the website www.hp.com/go/windows10assistancetool and click the “Download” button in the top right corner of the page. This will take you to a new page where you need to click on “Download HP Windows 10 Assistant” in order to download and install it on your computer or laptop.
Question: Can HP Printer Assistant be involved in the computer?
Ans: Yes you can