Table of Contents
Todays’ topic is based on the working issues of google hangouts for making a video call or whether it may be video chats. So, first of all, we will have a look at the causes.
Causes of google hangouts not working:
- Hangouts don’t work in Internet Explorer from the Windows 8 Start screen.
- If you run Hangouts on multiple devices, Hangouts sends notifications to everything that’s running, causing alert overload
If you’re getting too many notifications, a few solutions are available. First, you can sign out of Hangouts on devices or browsers form which you don’t want notifications, or close the app altogether.
On Android devices, you have a few more options. You can use Menu > Snooze notifications to suspend alerts on that device. Notifications can also be suspended indefinitely on a per-user basis by selecting the gear icon in a Hangout window and unchecking the Notifications box there.
3. Photos sent via Hangouts over MMS taken in portrait mode automatically rotate and turn into landscape photos
This is a specific issue related to Hangouts on certain Android phones when pictures are sent over MMS. Many users report that the problem is erratic and that clearing application data from the Android Applications Manager may help, at least some of the time.
The more reliable solution is not to use the camera within Hangouts to snap photos, but to take pictures separately, using the standard Android camera. When portrait photos are attached from your photo library, they seem to come through with the proper rotation intact.
4. Video calls don’t work
Note that Hangouts does not support a handful of webcams, microphones, and audio devices. Presuming this is not your issue, make sure the correct audio gear is selected within Hangout’s settings menu. To find this menu, initiate a new video, then click the gear icon. Hangouts may work better if you select specific devices for each of the three options instead of “Default.”
Finally, in general, restarting your browser and/or your computer is also a good cure-all for any video-related problem within Hangouts.
5. The Hangouts Browser plug-in won’t install (or disappears)
First, make sure you aren’t running 64-bit Internet Explorer, as the plug-in is not supported on this browser. If you’re using Chrome, check to see if the Google Talk plug-in is installed and enabled.
Checking the connections before the meeting
Make sure all your devices are securely connected and turned on. Some microphones have mute buttons, including some headsets. Make sure your microphone is not muted. You can test your own sound before anyone else enters the meeting.
- Click the Video Call link (from the calendar invite or from the app itself) to start the meeting, but do not click “Enter the Meeting.”
- Tap on the More Options icon near the top, right corner of the video display.
- Click Settings; a box with settings for your camera, microphone, and speakers will appear.
- Make sure that the microphone and speaker settings display the speaker and microphone option that you will be using for the meeting.
- If you are using headphones or another microphone device, you can click the gray triangle next to the device options and find the device that you will be using for the call.
- Click Test next to the speaker icon. You should hear a sound, typically a phone ringing.
If you do not hear any sound, proceed with the troubleshooting steps below.
Checking the video call settings
- In the Video Call window, move your mouse until you see the control icons at the top of the screen.
- Click the gear icon.
- Choose specific options for the camera, microphone, and headset or speakers) – not “Default device.”
- If you are using a USB headset with a microphone, you should see an option such as “USB Headset” for microphones and speakers.
- If your only options are “Default device,” close out of the Hangout and completely out of the browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc), check that your devices are connected properly, and then restart the browser and re-enter the hangout.
Checking audio settings in Windows
Changing any of these settings may require you to restart your browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc).
The details here can vary with different versions of Windows, so if your computer doesn’t say exactly the same thing, look for something similar.
- Right-click the volume control (speaker icon) on the lower right in your taskbar. This opens the Sound dialog box.
- On the Playback tab:
- Select the appropriate device (here I’m using my Logitech USB headset)
- Click Set Default at the bottom. You should get a green checkmark on the device once you’ve set it as default.
Repeat step 2 on the Recording tab.
- Click OK.
- Re-enter your video call.
Checking audio settings on a Mac to Fix Google Hangouts not working
- Click the Apple in the upper left of your computer.
- If you are already in the call, you may have to move your cursor to the top area of the screen to get the Apple to appear.
- Click System Preferences…
- Choose Sound.
- On the Input tab:
- Select the correct microphone. This example is using a Logitech USB Headset.
- Check that the Input volume is set correctly (it should not be all the way to the left).
- On the Output tab:
- Select the correct headset or speaker.
- Closeout of System Preferences and re-enter your video call.
So, these were the methods and also the causes of working issues of google hangouts not working.
Google hangouts plugin not working
Google Hangouts plugin is a great tool for video conferencing. But sometimes, it doesn’t work. Here are some steps to solve the issue Google hangouts plugin not working:
1) Check your internet connection, make sure that you have a stable internet connection and try again.
2) If the problem persists, go to chrome://extensions and disable the Google Hangouts plugin.
3) Restart your browser and enable the plugin again.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)-
Question: How to use google hangouts
Ans: Google Hangouts is a video chat service that allows users to conduct live conversations with up to 150 participants at a time.
Google Hangouts can be used for various purposes, such as:
- Communication between family members living in different countries.
- Video conferences for work with remote employees.
- Interactions between teachers and students.
- Classroom lectures from experts and professionals.
Google Hangouts is a free video chat service that can be used on computers or mobile devices. It is built into Gmail, Android, and iOS.
1: Open Gmail on your computer and click the Hangouts button in the top right corner of the window.
2: Select “Hangouts” from the drop-down menu to open a new chat window.
3: Add people to your conversation by clicking on their name or email address in your contact list. You can also add people by typing their names in the text box at the top of your chat window.
4: Once you have added all of the participants to your conversation, click “Start a Hangout” at the bottom of your chat window.
5: Share your screen or share your camera and Use voice chat
Question: Is google hangouts safe?
Ans: Google Hangouts is a communication and video chat service that was launched on May 15, 2013. It allows users to communicate with each other through the Internet, such as by sending instant messages, holding voice chats, or sharing photos with each other.
Google Hangouts is considered a safe platform because it is an encrypted communication service. It does not store any of your conversations on its servers and all data sent through the app are protected by SSL encryption.
The only way to access your conversation history is if you have enabled chat backups in Gmail.
Question: What is google hangouts used for
Ans: Google Hangouts is an instant messaging service that allows people to chat in real-time. It has been adopted by many companies for internal communication. It is also used by many people for video conferences because of its high-quality video call service.
The video call feature can be used with a desktop or mobile device and it works well in most cases. Users can also share files, take part in group chats, and send emoji stickers to each other.
You can use Google Hangouts on your computer, tablet, or phone.
The steps are:
1) Download the app
2) Connect your social media accounts
3) Invite others to join the conversation
Question: How to share screen using google hangouts
Ans: There are several ways to share your screen using Google Hangouts.
First, you can click the “share” button in the top right corner of the Hangouts window. This will bring up a list of options to share your screen with the other participants in your chat or video call.
Second, you can choose “Share entire screen” from the drop-down menu that appears when you click on the “More” icon in the lower-left corner of your chat window. This will allow you to share your entire desktop with other participants in
- Open a new hangout window
- Click the “Share Screen” button
- Choose the device you want to share your screen with, then click “Share”
Question: How to get rid of google hangouts on mac
Ans: If you are a mac user and want to remove google hangouts from your mac, then follow these steps to remove it:
1) Go to the Applications folder.
2) Find and open the Google Hangouts application.
3) Click on the “X” button at the top left corner of the window.
Question: How to fix google hangouts plugin not working
Ans: Follow the Step to fix google hangouts plugin not working.
Step 1: Restart Chrome and reopen the Google Hangouts Plugin.
Step 2: Check if it works. If not, please proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Force close and reopen Chrome browser.
Step 4: Restart the Google Hangouts Plugin and see if it works now or not.
Now it is not working, please contact a expert for help.
Question: Why is hangout not working
Ans: A hangout is a group video chat. Hangouts can be used to chat with friends, family, or coworkers. Let’s say you want to use hangouts to chat with your friends and family. You would need an account on Google+, which is free.
Need a webcam and a microphone, which you can get at most electronics stores for about $30 each.
You would need to download the Google+ Hangouts app for Android or IOS devices (or use the web client).
The steps to troubleshoot google hangouts not working are as follows:
- Check your internet connection.
- Next, check your webcam and microphone.
- Check that you have the latest version of Google Hangouts.
- If you are on a Chromebook, try using Google Hangouts in the Chrome browser.
Question: Why is google hangouts not working
Ans: Google Hangouts is a video chat service that has been created by Google. It is available for Android, iOS, and the web. But it is not working for many users.
If you are having trouble with Google Hangouts, there are a few steps you can take to try and fix the problem:
- Check if your internet connection is working properly
- Restart your computer
- Uninstall and reinstall the latest version of Hangouts from Google Play or App Store
Question: Why is hangouts not working on my phone
Ans: 1. Check the internet connection on your phone
- Restart the app
- Make sure that you have the latest version of Hangouts installed on your phone
Question: Why is google chat not working
Ans: The Google chat service is not working. Here are some steps that you can take to fix the issue:
- Restart your computer.
- Check that your browser is up to date.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Check for any software updates for your computer.
- Uninstall and reinstall the chat app.