Today’s topic is predicated on the problem that we face in google chrome sound not working. So, check a number of the plain culprits why you’re not hearing sound from your browser. Here are some belongings you should perform first:
- Ensure that your computer’s sound isn’t on mute. If you discover a volume control on the net app, ensure that the sound is audible yet.
- Check if the audio is functioning properly on other Internet browsers like Firefox and Explorer. you’ll also double-check if there’s sound coming from desktop apps.
If you hear no sound from other desktop apps or browsers on your PC, then the problem failed to stem from Chrome. Moreover, a number of the solutions included during this article might not be applicable to you. On the opposite hand, if you’re able to determine that Chrome is that the only 1 with problematic sound, then be at liberty to do our solutions below.
So, here we are going to be mentioning about the answer for the problem of goggle chrome sound not working.
Updating Your Sound Driver
When something goes wrong together with your computer’s audio, one in all the primary solutions you ought to try is updating your sound driver. That said, it’s essential to possess the most recent and compatible driver versions for your Windows 10, 8, 7 system. This ensures that your apps and hardware will perform smoothly.
Reboot Your PC
Begin the troubleshoot by restarting your PC. Sometimes, the problem could be a temporary one, and a traditional reboot might fix it.
Unplug External Speaker
If you use external speakers, unplug them from your PC. Then plug them back. By doing that your PC will recognize the sound card and your sound are going to be back.
Unmute Individual Tab
Google Chrome allows you to mute individual sites with a click or two. you may have accidentally hit the mute button, and that’s why there’s no sound on Chrome.
To fix it, open the web site having the sound issue, right-click on the tab at the highest, and choose Unmute site.
Check Google Chrome Sound Setting
Google Chrome comes with a native setting to disable sound. you’ll either blacklist websites or add in an exceeding whitelist betting on your requirement. So, you would like to test whether these settings are set to correct values or not.
For that, follow these steps:
- In Chrome, open chrome://settings/content/sound link. it’ll take you on to the sound settings of Chrome. Alternatively, visit Chrome Settings > Site Settings (under Privacy and security) > Sound.
- Ensure the toggle next to ‘Allow sites to play sound (recommended)’ is blue. which means all sites can play music. If it’s off, turn it on. Next, verify that the actual website isn’t added under Mute. If it’s there, remove it.
- Close Chrome and restart it. The sound should be back on Chrome.
Fix Google Chrome Sound Not Working
You can also use the native troubleshoot feature to detect sound issues on your PC, especially Chrome. For that, visit Sound Settings by typing Sound settings in Windows search.
Then click on the Troubleshoot button present below the Master volume icon. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the method.
If google chrome doesn’t play sound then you need to follow the under prescribed steps given under the separate methods:
Clearing your browser cookies and cache
You can try this by following the instructions below:
- Launch Chrome.
- Visit the top-right portion of the browser and click on Customize and Control Google Chrome. this could be the three vertical lines near the address bar.
- Select More Tools from the list, then click Clear Browsing Data.
- Choose a time range for the data you want to get rid of.
- Click Clear Data.
Ensuring that the web page isn’t on mute
It is also possible that the sound on the page you’re visiting is on mute. you’ll fix this through the steps below:
- Press Windows Key+R on your keyboard.
- Type “inetcpl.cpl” (no quotes), then press Enter.
- Visit the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down until you reach the Multimedia section.
- Ensure that the box beside ‘Play sounds in web pages’ is chosen.
- Save the changes by clicking Apply and OK.
- Restart Chrome and check if there’s sound coming from the net apps.
Simply follow the steps below:
- Open your Chrome browser.
- Click Customize and Control Google Chrome. you’ll access this selection by clicking the three vertical dots by the address bar.
- Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- Disable all the extensions installed on your browser.
- Restart your browser and check if the audio issue has been resolved.
So, these were the causes and a few of the methods associated with the subject of google chrome sound not working.