Today’s article mainly deals with the issue of Epson printer error code 0xf1. So, first of all, we will be dealing with the main topic that is the Epson printer error code 0xf1. We will know the reason behind the error code 0xf1. The Epson Printer Error Code 0xf1 is a crucial error that bars the printer to execute the command sent by the PC. Corrupt register entry on your computer causes this error. In this error, your printer will not be ready to browse from the left to right side when you turn it on.
Causes of the “Error Code 0xf1” on Epson Printers
Jammed Feed Gears:
One user reported that a piece of plastic broken off from a part of the printer had gotten stuck in the feed gears and was jamming them due to which the error was being triggered.
In most cases, the error is caused due to a paper jam during the printing process. Some users reported that the paper was jammed inside the printer due to which the error was being triggered.
It is possible that there might be a dirty cartridge that needs to be replaced and is preventing the printing process by jamming the papers while they are being printed.
Steps for New Cartridge Installation:
- Turn on your printer unit using the power button.
- If you already have empty cartridges, you will see a message on your LCD screen noting which cartridges need replacement. Hit “PROCEED” and follow the instructions on the screen.
- If you are replacing a cartridge before it is empty:
- Press the Home button (HOUSE ICON).
- Go to Setup then hit OK.
- Scroll to Maintenance then hit OK.
- Scroll to Ink Cartridge Replacement then press OK.
- Lift up the scanner unit (not just the scanner cover), to expose the ink cartridges.
- Wait for the printhead to stop before taking out the cartridges.
- IMPORTANT: Be careful NOT to TOUCH the printhead and the flat white cable inside the printer.
- Squeeze the tab at the back of the cartridge you want to replace toward you and pull the cartridge straight up. It should slide out easily with a little wiggling at most. Be careful when you handle the spent cartridge, as leftover ink residue can stain your clothing, furniture, carpet, or hands. If you get ink on your hands, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. In the event ink sprays into your eye, flush it with cool water until clean. Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children for all the reasons listed above.
- Gently shake your replacement cartridge up and down four or five times while it’s still in its sealed wrapper. Shaking helps redistribute the ink throughout the cartridge if it has settled.
- Remove it from the plastic package.
- Remove the yellow tape that seals the cartridge. This yellow tab is the only thing you should take off. DO NOT take anything else off.
- No need to remove the other seals as this will result in leaking.
- Do not touch the green chip on the cartridge.
- Do not remove the label.
- Insert the cartridge straight down into the carriage until it clicks. Repeat process for any other cartridges in need of replacement.
- Close the cartridge cover. Select “CHECK” on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge is installed correctly. If so, close the scanner lid.
- Your printer unit will automatically start priming the new cartridge. Priming should take a few minutes. Once completed, you will see a message on your LCD screen saying that your printer is ready to print!
In some cases, the printer might not be properly installed on the computer due to which this error might be triggered.
Solution 1: (Printer Troubleshooting)
Over in Microsoft Support, the initial thing they suggested is to run the printer troubleshooter.
- Control Panel is navigated.
- Go for Troubleshooting
- View all on the left and select Printers.
It ought to quickly diagnose and clear errors if at all possible.
Solution 2: Rebooting computer or laptop for the removal of error code 0xf1
- Navigate to Devices and Printers
- Right-click the Epson Printer and Remove device is selected.
- Then, reboot your computer or laptop and try adding the printer again from the same menu.
Solution 3: Uninstall Download & Reinstall A Printer Software
Or else, you can go on for the following below mentioned steps for the uninstallation and reinstallation of the printer software. If the previous solutions do not work for you then you can use this method to solve the Epson error code 0xf1 on your computer. To reinstall it follow the directions as stated below:
- Press the Home button + R key to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and then click on the OK button or press the Enter key.
- When you are in the Device Manager window, go to the left panel and find the Print queues, select it.
- Locate the Epson printer driver, right-click on it and then select the Uninstall Device option.
- After removing it, restart the PC and then reinstall it.
- To reinstall it, go to the Epson printer official website and download and install the latest version of the Epson printer driver.
- After installing the driver, reboot your device and then try to print to check if the error still occurs or not.
Solution 4: Jerking the Printer Head
Printer head jerking helps solve the problem. The technical specialists demonstrate how to work with the Epson printer heads in order to find out how to jerk to solve the Epson XP 430 error code 0xf1.
Solution 5: Re-configuration
If a paper jam or paper feed error causes the mistake, resetting the printer can be a simple fix for a variety of printer mistakes. Trying to reset and refresh quickly helps to fix the mistake of Printer Error 0xf1. This Epson error code does not contain a lot of data but relates to a broad spectrum of issues that cause it.
Solution 6: Restart the Epson Printer and the Computer
This is one of the most reliable methods that we have provided to solve the error 0xf1 on the device is to restart the Epson printer as well as the device. To restart it follow the undermentioned steps:
- Turn off the Epson printer and the system by pressing the Power button.
- Disconnect the power cord from the power supply wallet and then remove the cartridge from the printer.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Afterward, install the cartridges to the printer and then connect the power cord to the power supply wallet.
- Press the Power button to turn on the Epson printer as well as the system. Once you are done with these steps, try to printout and check if the error code still persists or not.
So, these were the perfect solution for the Epson printer error code 0xf1.