Whitelist Discord Files in Your Antivirus
Some users experienced a situation where their antivirus (Avast in most cases) accidentally quarantined a number of the installer files needed for the update or for the installation to complete, thinking it absolutely was a potentially dangerous file.
You will locate the file and whitelist it so as for the installation process to continue. Follow the instructions below so as to try and do this together with your Avast antivirus.
- If Avast is already open, you’ll locate it at your taskbar, right-click thereon and choose open. If Avast doesn’t load on startup, you’ll always start it manually by locating it in Start.
- Proceed by selecting Scan >> Scan for Viruses >> Quarantine (Virus Chest). The quarantine button is found somewhere at the underside of the page.
- After you open the quarantine you must notice some Discord-related files. Restore these files and click on “Add to Exclusions”. If a number of these files have already been generated by the installer. Click Overwrite to exchange these files and launch the installation again.
In order to stop this confusion from happening again with a special file. You may set up the installer and also the tool itself as an exception within the Avast antivirus. Counting on whether the error occurred during the installation phase or after it’s already been installed.
- Open you Avast antivirus by any of the ways we mentioned earlier. After that, navigate to Settings >> Exclusions. this is often where users absolved to put files. That mustn’t be sorted and which mustn’t be scanned or registered as a threat.
- Add the installation folder of Discord so as to exclude it from scanning. If the error occurs when installing the tool, navigate to the location where the installer is found and choose it.
- After that, close your Avast window and take a look at running or installing Discord again. Check to work out if the error gone.
Perform a Clean Reinstall
- First of all, ensure you’re logged in with an administrator account as you won’t be able to delete programs using the other account.
- Click on the start menu and open the board by looking for it. Alternatively, you’ll click on the gear icon so as to open settings if you’re using Windows 10.
- In control Panel, select to look at as Category at the highest right corner and click on Uninstall a Program under the Programs section.
- If you’re using the Settings app, clicking on Apps should immediately open a listing of all installed programs on your PC.
- Locate Discord in control Panel or Settings and click on Uninstall.
- Discord’s uninstall wizard should open, prompting you up with an option to “completely remove Discord on your computer”. Choose Yes.
- Click Finish when the uninstalling process finishes.
After you have got uninstalled the tool successfully, it’s time to urge obviate several remaining folders which are the standard cause for issues like this. Deleting these folders is that the crucial a part of the uninstallation process so ensure you are doing this before proceeding.
- Either click the start button or the search button next to that and sort “Run” or use the Windows Key + R key combination so as to name the Run dialog box. Type in “%appdata%” and click on Enter.
- Locate the Discord folder within the folder which opens, right-click thereon, and choose the Delete option.
- Navigate back to the Run dialog box and sort in “%localappdata%”, click Enter and locate the Discord folder which you must delete still.
- Ensure that the folders completely deleted and no more remaining files in it.
- Click the start menu of your Windows Server PC, locate the pc entry at the right pane. Right-click thereon, and choose the Manage options. you may need administrator permissions so as to proceed.
Navigate to Server Manager >> Features and click on the Add features option and also the right side of the window.
- The Add Features Wizard should open up. So ensure you find the “Quality Windows Audio Video Experience” entry on the list. Check the box next to that, and click on the following button so as to proceed.
- Confirm the Installation and ensure you have got selected the QWAVE option. Click the Install button and restart your computer. After the method has finished saving lots of the changes made to your computer.