They say that time is money, and whether you believe this or not, there is a lot to be considered. If you’ve built a business and that venture requires people to manage the systems, processes, and general sales, then those same people who are away from the financial side of the company may suffer.
No successful business has ever been built without rigid structure, discipline, and an overall understanding of how to manage time effectively. Although in recent years the landscape and general behavior have shifted towards flexible hours or working from home, traditionally the 9-5 office lifestyle has meant that we know when and where people will be carrying out their work.
Amidst this change in routine, knowing what your workforce is actually doing and how productive they’re being during their working hours has become increasingly difficult. So much of what we do in our lives have been built on trust, and that trust needs to be instilled and go both ways.
So What Are the Concerns Around Employee Time?
Managing people will always have its issues, but when done correctly can be incredibly rewarding and profitable for your business. The guys at TimeForge understand deeply the impact of not managing employee time effectively. Laying out what the potential concerns may be, could help you down the line to put things in place and stop problems before they mount up.
Managing employee time effectively could stop:
- Your business wasting money on dead time
- People slacking off and taking advantage of your business
- You falsely accusing people of not working when they may be off or away at an appointment
Knowing what these issues are ahead of time will allow you to nip them in the bud and not waste time on things that aren’t contributing to the growth of the company.
How Will I Know I Need To Better Keep Track Of Employee Time?
Knowing the signals that should flick a switch to make you explore how to improve this area, will make a big difference down the line.
Maybe you are experiencing:
- Some nuisance employees that aren’t adhering to the rules
- Difficulty with managing workflow and knowing where your employees are and what they are doing
- Some problems dealing with the global change during this pandemic, meaning people are working more from home making it harder to actually manage people’s time
- Issues with your current processes and are unsure on where to find a real solution that could provide a boost in overall productivity
- Some pressure from your bosses or work colleagues who are currently looking at this area of the business and want you to upgrade how you manage employee time
Knowing your pain points and your why, will give you more of a roadmap to find exactly what you need to produce results.
So How Do I Go About Implementing Better Ways to Track This Time?
You’ve ascertained why you need to effectively keep track of employee time, now it’s about getting something solid in place which will allow the business in general to flourish.
The best places to find solutions are:
- Through your previous experiences, which may then help you understand what factors you need for your own peace of mind
- By speaking to work colleagues or associates, getting their advice on what they think might need to be improved
- Online. By searching for an app or piece of software that aligns with your goals is maybe the fastest way to get what you require
- Through family and friends. Chances are you have a lot of people in your network already who can offer advice on this topic
The best ways to effectively keep track of employee times are:
- Installing an app which your employees can use to sign in with when they start working, plus they can log what they did during their shift
- Asking people to report on the projects they’re working on
- Aligning everyone’s scheduled into the main database so nothing gets missed
- Understanding how many people there are in the organization and how the breakdown works in terms of the different teams that make up the company
Business is driven by efficiency. You don’t want to go through the whole process of recruiting the best talent, not manage their time properly, and let their talents go to waste. We all have lives to live and we want to get that balance right, so when we are logged in and have our work hat on, we get the absolute most out of our time together.