Table of Contents
Every time when we forget our passwords, we have to reset them. Similarly, in outlook, You should follow the steps to change outlook password. We even have changed when we change the password in our hosting account.
IN MICROSOFT OLDER VERSIONS
Step 1: In the outlook click on the file menu.
Step 2: Click on Account settings
Step 3: Choose the account for which you want to change the password.
Step 4: Click change and a dialogue box will open.
Step 5: Change Outlook Password.
Step 6: Click next and in the new dialog box, wait till it completes changing and then press close
Step 7: In the final wizard window, click finish.
This is the simplest technique for all older versions of MS office.
Now, for windows 8, 8.1, and 10
- Login to your Microsoft security page.
- Choose a new password.
- Confirm the password and click finish
This is the method followed.
Change Outlook Password on Android
Follow the steps:
Make sure you are connected to the network before you start changes in android.
- Click the settings icon
- Search for Microsoft exchange active sync and click on it.
- Click settings under common settings
- Under user, settings choose your user account.
- Click on the password and change into your new password according to the email server.
- Click ok.
If you have an Outlook account set up on your android phone, you can easily change the password of your Outlook account for the email server through the settings of your phone. Having an outlook makes the process easier as we can download the MS office and use outlook on mobile rather than a laptop. The smartphone is very handy and very easy to use.
Steps to Change Outlook Password:
Resetting a password is not that huge problem that can be sorted in the following commands.
- To change Outlook password is an easy process that you can do from any web browser, and it will just take you a few minutes.
- Start your browser, and head to Outlook’s home page.
- Click the “Sign In” button.
- Type your Outlook username (which is one of the following email accounts at outlook.com, hotmail.com, live.com or even skype.com), and then click the “Next” button.
- On the given next screen, you need to type your current password
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
- After you are signed, you will be driven to your Outlook inbox. On the top right corner of the current page, click your profile picture
- Now, click the “View Account” link shown.
- On the “View Account” page, now you have to click the “Security” option on the taskbar.
- Now on the Security page, you have to click the “Change Password” button.
- You will be asked to type your password again since you’re attempting to change security details which are of risk. Do that and after that click the “Sign In” button.
- Now, on the Change Outlook Password page, type your current password once again and then type and re-type the new password you wish to use.
- Finally, click the “Save” button.
Forgot Outlook Email password
There are two methods to fix this:
Change Outlook Password To Open Account
Outlook password by default is the same as the Microsoft account password. So, If we can change the Microsoft account password automatically. We can change the password of all the apps of Microsoft.
- Go to https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx and click on “I Forgot My Password” and click next
- Enter the email or phone number given with your Microsoft account and click on next.
- Choose how you would like to receive the One Time Password (OTP) through mail or phone number.
- Enter the security code that you have just received on your email and phone and click on next.
- Now, set up a new password for your Microsoft account and confirm the changes.
Hence, you can open your account with a new password.
Outlook Password Recovery
A professional outlook password recovery program that helps to recover Outlook password.
- Download this program and follow the instructions and install it.
- Click open from the menu bar and click on the “.pst” file.
- Select a type of attach that you want to perform to recover the password. There will be a procedure like range, length, dictionary, etc. Follow them carefully
- Keep repeating this method with the other type of attack and try recovering it, by clicking “start”.
- Passwords keep getting detected by the tool. Once, the correct password is detected. Click the “copy” button.
NOTE: Never forget the recovery email, phone number given with your Microsoft account.
Always make Microsoft account as the default account.
As soon as you recover your outlook password, change it to a new one by following the above procedures.
Give a proper and clear hint to remember your outlook password.
The outlook is one of the most important for professional communication and information. Password problems are very common which can now be solved with these solutions which help in keeping all the reminders, data is safe.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)-
Question: How to Update Outlook Password on Your Apple iOS or Android
Ans: In this way, we cover and updating your Outlook Password on your iOS (iPad, iPod touch, iPhone) or Android device later changing your password.
Follow the given steps to change an Apple iPad, but these steps also cover Android devices.
Step 1. Go to the Outlook application, then click Sign in at the bottom of the screen.
The sign-in prompt on the lower side of the screen is not showing. Retry again, it may be take up to few hours after a password change or prompt appears again in Outlook, maybe expected two hours.
Step 2. Put in your updated password. Next, click sign in. You are done!
Still, having facing issues and over the two hours? Please see the steps is given below to reset your Outlook application.
Step 1. Go to the profile pic, see it at the top left side of the Outlook Application.
Step 2. Next, go to the setting icon to see on the lower left side.
Step 3. Next, go to your account section under Mail Accounts.
Step 4. Scroll down and see Reset Account and tap it.
Step 5. Tap OK.
Step 6. Now, the Outlook application will close. Next, try after few seconds and re-open the Outlook application.