Follow the procedure to change aol email password of the AOL account.
- Open the AOL email account webpage.
- Login in to your account
- Underneath your account, click on “settings
- Now, you are redirected to a page that has multiple tabs that link to other pages.
- Now, click on account settings
- You will see a display of password and adjacent to it you will see a link change aol password.
- Click on that and a new page is opened.
- It will ask you a security question which you will have to answer and click on continue.
- Once you do that you will be redirected to the AOL HELP web page.
- In that page, click on the “manage username” tab
- A dropdown dialog box appears, click on “Change AOL Email Password”
- You will be redirected to “change password” page
- Enter the new password and click save
- It will take you back to starting AOL help web page and a green-colored message “thank you. Your password was changed.”
Now, your password is changed.
Recover Aol Forget Password
Sometimes, we forget the password. Then follow this procedure:
- Open the AOL login page
- Click on “forgot password” link under the password
- It will now, redirect you to a reset password site.
- Enter the registered email id. enter it and click “next”.
- It will ask you to enter the number a then. enter the verification code sent to your registered mobile number, check your mobile enter and click “next”.
- Now what if you can’t access your at the moment, under next you have a link “try another verification option”
- Now, it will send a code to your Gmail account given by you, check it and then click “next”, open your Gmail account.
- Check for your AOL mail and open it.
- You will find a reset password link in it, click on it.
- Any one of these will lead to a new page asking “new password”
- Enter it and save it.
- They provide an alternate method go through it if you like then follow instructions.
- Now move on and resign in through the new password.
Now we have solved the issue of “forgot password”
- AOL recommends that you add special characters, such as symbols and punctuation marks, to strengthen your new password.
- You can try to reset your account via the security question method only six times. After the sixth unsuccessful attempt, AOL locks your account for 24 hours. You may neither login nor attempt to reset the password during that time.
- When you are about to sign in, you can see the option to check a box next to a “Remember Me” option. It keeps you signed in to your account always. But, if you clear your browser’s cache or cookies, or if you want to sign in to your AOL account from a different browser, you’ll need to remember your account password.
Issues related to password, where it might look like your password is wrong but it is not that case and you don’t need to change aol email password.
Fix AOL Mail Login Problems
So when you are holding AOL mail login problems after adopting the correct password. You should check the following ways too.
Browser issue is another one causes behind AOL email login problems. When users are trying to open aol mail account on an outdated or corrupted web browser, it will not be ready to function correctly. This is why you can’t sign into AOL account.
Follow the steps to fix aol login problems
- Clear the History and Cookies on your browser.
- Check for the web browser update.
- After optimizing your web browser, if you still can’t access mail on your browser. You need to reset your browser and then try to sign in again.
Check Network settings: If you are unable to open the AOL mail login page or you get a privacy error. It means something is wrong with the network settings. That’s why you are fighting with the AOL email sign in problems. In such a case, you should check the internet first. Make sure you are getting the web on your pc. If you have the internet access but yet can’t access AOL mail login page, you need to modify the DNS address.
How to Fix AOL Email Login Problems?
Check Mail Server Status: It happens rarely, but sometimes, you can have AOL mail login problems due to the server issue. When the AOL mail server is updating some security patch, or it is overloaded. Your computer won’t be able to communicate with it. That’s why you can face AOL email login problems. In such a situation, you have to pause the aol activity until the AOL confirms that their server is working completely fine.
Now, this is a very rare issue but still, it does have an effect on your login.
Correct the time and date: Make sure the time and dates are correct on your computer. If it is not correct. You should go ahead and update the time and date. After that, you need to reboot your computer once.
Now try to access the AOL mail account.
These are methods to be checked when you forgot or want to change or not being able to know even after changing password why isn’t it logging in.