Table of Contents
Today’s topic of the article is admittedly a contemporary topic in which we are going to be discussing how that’s Facebook newsfeed not loading. So, first of all, we are going to be noticing a few causes so later moving on to the fix for Facebook newsfeed not loading.
Causes of Facebook NewsFeed not Loading
Slow internet connection
Facebook has upped its data usage over time. within the past, only minimal data was required for it to figure but recently, we noticed that a gradual and fast internet connection is required. If you have got a slow connection, the newsfeed may not work for you.
Check if Facebook is down
Facebook incorporates a lot of downtimes. this will be said for both, the mobile and desktop platform. The backend service of Facebook is that the same so if it’s undergoing maintenance or is down thanks to any reason, then both platforms get affected.
You would possibly not have noticed but Facebook has the choice to line preferences for your newsfeed. they’ll be popular posts or most up-to-date posts posted by users or pages. If you’re trying to find the foremost recent posts but the setting is of popular, you may not get the expected results.
Bad Application Data
There are numerous instances where Facebook’s application gets bad application data or gets its installation files corrupt. When this happens, the applying may not behave evidently and cause issues.
Facebook constantly monitors its applications and if a bug or a technical issue arises, it releases an update as soon as possible. If you’re holding back from performing any updates, we recommend that you just do as soon as possible.
Date and time
Facebook works by taking some time as a parameter. If you have got an incorrect time set (whether on PC or the mobile application), the applying will get confused since the time won’t be trying out together with your geographical location. Here updating the time fixes the matter.
Facebook is offered on the Lite version in addition to smartphones which don’t have enough juice to power up the most application. If you have got an older smartphone, we recommend that you just use the Lite application.
Checking NewsFeed Preferences
For the web browser, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the most page of Facebook. Now locate the Newsfeed title present at the left side of the screen. Click on the three dots.
- A drop-down will appear. Here you’ll choose which sort of reports feed does one require i.e. Top Stories or most up-to-date.
Checking your Internet Connection
Clearing Application Data (For Android)
Data corruption is incredibly common within the Android platform so there’s nothing to stress about.
- Open the Settings application and click on Apps.
- Locate Facebook from the list. Now click on Storage.
- Now you may tend two options i.e. Clear Data and Clear Cache. Click both of the choices.
- Now launch the Facebook application again and check if the difficulty resolved.
Installing the Newest Version of Facebook
For Android Users:
In Android, you have got to navigate to PlayStore and update the Facebook application within the list of Update tab.
- Open the Play Store on your Android Device. Now slide the screen towards the proper from the left side and a brand new taskbar will show up. Click My apps and games.
- Now navigate to the tab of Updates. Now seek for Facebook and ahead of it, click the Update
- After applying updated successfully, restart your phone and launch Facebook. Now check if the difficulty resolved.
For iPhone/iPad Users:
For iOS devices, we are going to navigate to AppStore and update the application using an update tab which is analogous to Android.
- Open the App Store application on your iDevice.
- Now select the Update button present at the bottom-right side of the screen.
- Now locate Facebook at the list. If it’s present, there’ll be an update available. Click on Update.
After installing the update, restart your application and check if the difficulty resolved.
Checking your Time and Date Settings
Ensuring correct time in PC
In these steps, we are going to navigate to the Date and Time settings in your PC and confirm that the right time is about.
- Right-click on the time present at the bottom-right side of your screen and click on Adjust date/time.
- If the choices ‘Set time automatically’ and ‘Set time zone automatically’ aren’t checked, enable them and let the pc decide the time zone for you.
If both the choices checked and you’re still having incorrect time. You’ll click on Change so manually set the right time per your location.
Ensuring correct time in Android
In Android devices, time typically set automatically with the assistance of your sim card. If you’re still experiencing issues, follow the steps to line it manually.
- Open the Settings application and seek for Date and Time.
- Once the new menu is opened, you’ll disable Automatic date and time if it’s checked and you’re having incorrect time. Then new options will pop where you’ll easily set the right time and date per the time zone.
If automatic date and time aren’t enabled, try enabling them and check if the difficulty is resolved. Don’t forget to restart your smartphone before checking.
So, these were the causes and therefore the fix associated with the Facebook newsfeed not acting on Pc in addition to android and also for iPhone users.