Todays’ topic mainly deals with the issue “How to Fix Epson printer in error state“. So, have a look at the methods given below.
Method 1: Check the connection and restart your devices (Epson printer)
Once your printer is in error state, you can perform some simple methods and see if they work.
You can check whether the connection between your printer and computer functions normally. Make sure your devices connect to each other properly, and the network (either wireless or Bluetooth) or cable you use for the connection has no problem.
Sometimes the problem can be fixed by restarting your devices. You can power off your computer and printer completely and leave them for a couple of minutes. After that turn them on and see if the error is gone.
Method 2: Update Printer Driver
The Epson printer in error state can also result from the faulty or incompatible printer driver. You will need to update or reinstall the driver to fix problems of this kind. One easy and credible way to deal with drivers is to use Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
Fix Epson Printer Not Printing Using Driver Easy
You can download and install your drivers by using the following steps:
- Download and Install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and hit the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Click on the Update button next to your printer to download the latest and correct driver for this device. You can also hit Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer.
Apart from updating the driver, you can also use Driver Easy to uninstall the driver. This is helpful especially when you want to reinstall the driver of a device.
- Open Driver Easy and select Tools.
- Select Driver Uninstall and you will see a list of device drivers. Locate your printer driver
- Then click on the Uninstall button. The driver you select will be removed soon.
Method 3: Contact Printer Support
If you have tried the methods above and the error persists, you may need to contact the manufacturer of your Epson printer. They can help you find out the cause of the problem, and have your printer repaired or replaced.
Method 4: Epson Printer Troubleshooting
- Obviously, after several ineffective cycles of switching on / off again, the printer continues to be non-functional. This might have been caused on account of an effort to print a document from an iPad.
- It appears an absurd situation, to this Epson user, that a modern-day printing device may be made useless by simply an effort to make a wireless connection.
- Over in Microsoft Support, the initial thing they suggested is to run the printer troubleshooter.
- Navigate to Control Panel > Troubleshooting > View all on the left and select Printers.
- It ought to quickly diagnose and clear Epson printer errors if at all possible.
- Also, you should check it for the low paper or ink, and be absolutely sure the printer’s cover isn’t open and the paper isn’t jammed.
If you have checked and done all these things but still experiencing the Printer is in error state issue then you should follow the below-instructed methods to resolve Printer in an error state Windows 10 printer problem.
Fix Epson Printer in Error State using Device Manager
Making a few changes in the Port Settings through Device Manager might help you in this situation. Follow the below-mentioned steps to fix Epson Printer in error state Windows 10 printer problem:
- First of all, press Windows + R keys together and type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box then hit Enter key.
- On the Device Manager window, click on the View menu and then select “Show hidden devices” option from the drop-down menu.
- Now expand the Ports (COM & LPT) category and right-click on the Printer Port then select Properties option.
- On the Printer Port (LPT1) Properties dialog box, go to the Port Settings tab and then select “Use any interrupt assigned to the port” option and then check the “Enable legacy Plug and Play detection” box.
- After the selection, click on the OK button to save the changes and then close the Device Manager.
- Finally, restart your Windows 10 computer and then try using your printer.
Method 5: Fix Epson Printer In Error State On Windows 10
If you are a Windows 10 user and facing the issue, then you should turn on the Windows Troubleshooter. To enable the Windows Troubleshooter,
- Go to the Control Panel option.
- From there, navigate to the Devices and Printers.
- After that, right-click on the Epson Printer option.
- Then, select the Troubleshooter option and click on it. If the Troubleshooter does not recognize the Epson Printer, then you should understand that it isn’t installed properly. In that case, try to fix the problem with the help of Cortana.
- After successfully completing the steps, check if the Troubleshooter can identify the Epson printer.
So, these were the methods required to solve the Epson printer in error state.