Table of Contents
The Final Cut Pro is Apple’s own video editing software for Apple devices. This is a professional-level, multipurpose, easy-to-learn video editing software. Macromedia originally designed it in the early 1990s. The editing software is non-linear and non-destructive.
Over the years, it has grown non-stop and has become an industry giant.
After the acquisition of Final Cut Pro by Apple. It is based on Apple’s operating system. Which made the program run faster.
It is currently available for $299.99 and can be downloaded and installed after purchase.
Users can use additional programs such as Motion and Compressor to expand the capabilities of this video editor and create eye-catching videos with visual effects, which can be exported to a variety of formats.
Famous movies like X-Men Origins:
Final Cut Pro is used to edit Wolverine and John Carter.
System Requirements for Final Cut Pro X
- Minimum macOS 11.5.1 or higher.
- You’ll require 4 GB of RAM and 8 GB for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing.
- A metal-capable graphics card.
- 1 GB of VRAM recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing.
- Disk Space: Minimum space required for installation 3.8 GB.
- To burn Blu-ray discs, you’ll need a Blu-ray recorder.
Key Features of Final Cut Pro
Revolutionary Video Editing
- The Magnetic Timeline of FCP uses advanced metadata collection for faster and easier editing.
- It lets you drag and drop audio roles to organize and rearrange the layout of your timeline.
- Clip Connections can be used to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the different elements of the timeline.
- Clutter can be reduced by grouping the clips into a Compound Clip.
- Edit multi-camera projects with automatic syncing and support for up to 64 camera angles.
- With smart conform, projects can easily be transformed for square or vertical delivery.
- Import and modify 360° videos in a wide range of formats and frame sizes.
- For videos, closed captions can be created, edited within the applications.
- Third-party workflow extensions are available to increase creativity.
Powerful File Organization
- Multiple libraries for efficient media management and collaboration.
- You can create proxy copies of your media for portability and performance.
- Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and shots can be analyzed in the background.
- Custom keywords or favorites can be applied.
- Clips can be organized in Smart Collections dynamically in a few clicks.
- With Apple Silicon, FCP provides improved performance and efficiency on Mac computers.
- Real-time 8K editing with Mac Pro and Afterburner.
- Apple Metal engine improves playback, rendering, and compositing.
- Full GPU usage for real-time playback and quick background rendering.
- Multiple formats are supported, including ProRes, RED, XAVC, AVCHD, Avid DNxHR®, Avid DNxHD®, H.264, HEVC.
Compelling, Customizable Effects
- Beautifully animated, easily customizable 2D and 3D titles are available for editing.
- Titles, transitions, and special effects can be added and customized with ease.
- Chroma Key effects can be edited easily.
- Third-party FxPlug plug-ins are available with custom interfaces.
Integrated Audio Editing
- During import, you can organize audio by giving it different roles, such as dialogue, music, and effects.
- Multichannel audio files can be edited directly in the timeline.
- Audio and video can be synced easily by a single step with instant audio waveform matching.
Intuitive Color Grading
- Import, edit and deliver video in all standard color grading technologies.
- Color grading can be easily done with powerful color wheels and curves.
One-Step, Optimized Output
- Extremely fast export speed for playback.
- Videos optimized for social media can be downloaded easily.
- Audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using roles metadata can be exported
- The XML files can be easily imported and exported to third-party workflows.
Is a trial version of Final Cut Pro available?
Yes, a free 90-day trial of the latest version of Final Cut Pro is available to download from Apple.
The 90 days free trial will start once you open the application for the first time.
After the trial ends, you can purchase FCP directly from the Mac App Store.
When you open the free trial app, it alerts you how many days remain before the trial expires. You can click the Buy button in the alert message to purchase the FCP anytime during the trial.
Final Cut Pro also comes with the Pro Apps Bundle for Education by Apple. This bundle includes Final Cut Pro, Motion, Compressor, Logic Pro, and MainStage.
Cheap alternatives for Final Cut Pro
If you feel that Final Cut Pro is too expensive, here are two of the most popular alternatives to Final Cut Pro X
- Adobe Premiere Pro – $239 – The best alternative to Final Cut Pro If you’re reading this name for the first time, you must’ve heard about Adobe and the quality of its products.
Adobe Premiere Pro is a cheaper alternative for Final Cut Pro. It has all the tools you could wish for in video editing software.
Pros of Adobe Premiere Pro
- It has a lot of tools, and you can switch things up and combine materials using third-party plugins
- The quality of the product is very high and supports animation and design capabilities.
You might not like that:
On a monthly payment basis, it costs the same as Final Cut Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro is a little complicated compared to other similar software
Adobe Premiere Pro Prices:
Annual prepaid plan: $239
Monthly paid plan: $20.99 /month You can save more money with the Adobe Premiere Pro Coupon
2. Wondershare Filmora X
It is number two on our list. However, it has the potential of becoming your number one alternative to Final Cut Pro Free if you are not a big fan of the mainstream software.
Filmora is well known for its capacity for making things easier. When video editing gets easy, your content is published faster, and your audience gets what they’ve been waiting for. Filmora is video editing software you can count on when it comes to video cropping, trimming, or even more complicated actions such as using overlays, motion effects, or merging different clips you’ve taken.
You will love Wondershare Filmora because:
- Filmora also offers editing features, color correction, and the ability to merge audio with clips.
- Filmora is well known for its ease of use.
- It has a lot of templates and features for beginners.
- There is also a free version provided by Wondershare which will satisfy most of your editing needs.
You might not like that:
Filmora is a handy tool to use even if you are a beginner. But if you’re a Final Cut Pro X user, then you’d be disappointed as it doesn’t offer the same level of complexity.
Wondershare Filmora X Price
Monthly plan: Filmora Monthly Plan: $19.99
Annual Plan Option: Filmora Annual Plan (subscription): $61.99 + taxes
Lifetime Plan Option: Filmora X Lifetime Plan: $89.99 + taxes