Generally, For any app to get downloaded we need the permission of the antivirus software to download and install it.
Microsoft Edge installation needs to be scanned and then it gets installed. While this installation process any sort of error found the Microsoft edge does not get installed.
Now, windows firewall is one of the antivirus which firewalls all the downloads and scans before installation. The pop ups or notifications you get which is an indication that your Microsoft Edge has been blocked by windows firewell.
- If you see the windows firewall message on the browser.
- Do you see this error while browsing any particular websites?
- Frequently asking you to reboot after every installation.
Steps to solve Microsoft Edge installation Blocked By Avast:
- Firstly, select the Start menu.
- Then, type Allow an app through Windows Firewall, and select it from the list of results.
- Now you will have to select Change settings.
- A pop up appears and you might be asked for an administrator password or to confirm your choice.
- Later, to add an app, select the check box next to the app. Sometimes you can also select “Allow another app” and enter the path for the app.
- Now, try and see if it is getting installed.
Generally, in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is inbuilt so in that case, you will just have to search the button to start and check the internet issues for the Microsoft Edge to work.
There are three conventional methods also for this antivirus blocking microsoft edge installation.
The first and basic way is to delete the inbound and outbound rules that you have set and try opening and reinstalling the microsoft edge.
The second one is to go to Windows Firewall and check if Edge is added in the list of allowed applications. Sometimes try making it public and private or remove that and add it.
The third is the most common problem and try these steps to fix the issue :
- Open Control Panel, locate Windows Firewall.
- On the left navigation pane, select Restore Defaults.
- Click on the Restore button to restore Firewall.
By this, the Antivirus windows firewall blocking the Microsoft Edge installation issue is solved.
Antivirus software can be of different types and their main use is to help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats but one common way to remove this Antivirus blocking the Microsoft Edge issue is you disable your antivirus software.
If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you’re done. If users connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software disabled, your computer vulnerable to attacks. This method applied to install Microsoft Edge on your laptop.
Sometimes just running the troubleshooter itself solves the issue.
We can categorize the Antivirus blocking the Microsoft Edge issue solved based on the operating system used. Other versions of Windows and other platforms not yet supported. At the time of this writing, there is a way to install the new Microsoft Edge browsers on Windows 7.
Microsoft Edge runs on the internet hence first ensure that the internet connectivity is available.
Check whether the antivirus installed also has the right internet and network settings like Parental Controls, FIrewall settings as these might also block the Microsoft Edge creating an issue.
As the rule of online browsing says if you are using a browser other than Edge then you will have to as Offiveapps.live.com to your browser’s trusted sites to enable the Microsoft Edge.
After doing this try downloading this again. Try downloading again. Sometimes just Uninstall your Microsoft Edge Insider build and try downloading again. These are those simple Hacks that solve the Antivirus blocking the Microsoft Edge installation Issue.
Microsoft Edge not working issue for windows 10
Now, for the Microsoft Edge not working issue for windows 10, here are some steps to make Microsoft Edge installed work in that operating system.
- Firstly, Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
- Now,Click Start and then PC settings
- Then, Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.
- Later, Enter your Microsoft account’s password, and click on Next.
- Lastly, Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click Next.
- If you want you can Click on Sign out and Finish button.
In order to switch back, follow these steps:
- On the newly converted Local account, click Start and then PC Settings.
- Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Connect to a Microsoft account.
- Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.
- Choose if you want OneDrive as your default file saving location, click Next.
- Click Switch.
The inbuilt Windows App used in such cases, by doing this also solves the issue.
Lastly, the Troubleshooter for that you will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- On the search bar, type “Troubleshoot” and press Enter.
- Then click on the “View All” option located on the left menu pane.
- Then locate “Windows Store App”, click on it and run the troubleshooter.
There is something related to VPN. This comes under the errors you might encounter when using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). Generally, this error also causes the Antivirus blocking the Microsoft Edge installation.
For example, suppose you find out “Error 403” Flashing when you are attempting to install Microsoft Edge Insider builds, you might need to change how you connect to your network. After changing your VPN connection, try to download and reinstall your preferred Edge Insider build.
Always change the VPN i.e. Virtual Private Network as this keeps away the downloading error even caused by the antivirus .
Ensure the Antivirus is working properly as sometimes it might block the installations even due to a hard disk crash. In such cases scan all the files and folders to make it virus free and immediately restart the system and then the Antivirus blocking Microsoft Edge installation issue will be solved.