Table of Contents
Adobe Premiere Pro is a professional-level video editing software application developed by Adobe Inc. It is a timeline-based non-destructive video editing software.
It was launched in 2003 as a successor of Adobe Premiere and a part of the Adobe Creative Cloud licensing program.
- Adobe Premiere Pro has a wide variety of tools, features, and plugins for video editors who are looking to enhance their videos or video editing skills to a professional level.
- It is used by video makers in Hollywood, famous movies like Deadpool and Terminator are edited in Adobe Premiere Pro.
- It allows its users to transform their raw footage into incredibly amazing professional-level videos.
- You can easily adjust and tune audio, sound correction, video settings, apply effects, transitions, and more settings to create better videos.
- You can work in a team or switch between devices as this software is integrated with Adobe products so it lets users transfer their work from one device to another whenever needed.
- Premiere Pro is more focused on the professional video editing market and its sibling application Adobe Premiere Elements focuses on the consumer market.
System requirements for Adobe Premiere Pro software
Now, let’s take a look at the system requirements of Adobe Premiere Pro in Windows:
- A minimum of Intel 6th Gen or newer CPU, or AMD Ryzen™ 1000 Series or newer CPU
- 64 bit Windows 10 operating system is recommended.
- 8 GB of RAM ; 2 GB of GPU VRAM.
- At least 8 GB of space is available for hard disks.
- During the installation, additional free space is required for devices.
- Minimum display resolution of 1280×800.
- ASIO compatible or Microsoft Windows Driver Model sound card.
Let’s have a look at system Requirements if you’re using a Mac operating system:
- macOS version Cataline v10.15 or higher is required.
- Intel 6thGen or newer CPU is needed
- It will need 8 GB of RAM; 2 GB of GPU VRAM
- 8 GB of available disk space is required for installation
- A minimum display resolution of 1280×800 is required.
Major features of Adobe Premiere Pro include:
- You can work on simultaneous projects
- Shared workflows can be created to enable group working
- VR audio and video editing support
- Special Effects and video graphics can be applied
- Transitions and effects can be applied
- Closed Captions can be added
- Labels can be added to clips or frames
- Lumetri Support
- External Libraries are available for extra features
- Multiple file format support
- Videos can be published directly on the web.
- High-resolution video editing is supported up to 32 bits per channel color, in both RGB and YUV.
- Audio sample-level editing
- Audio mixing with 5.1 surround sound support.
- Video titles and motion graphics can be added to videos
- filters are available to improve the video.
Benefits of Adobe Premiere Pro
The main benefits of Adobe Premiere Pro are its extensive library of editing tools and rich features. Here are the specifics:
Responsive and productive Interface
Adobe Premiere Pro has a whole bunch of features with its package along with added productivity, effectiveness, and efficiency.
Adobe updates the software regularly to make it more responsive.
Virtual reality is very trending nowadays and with its increasing popularity. Adobe Premiere Pro supports VR videos to back-up users in any complex VR editing jobs.
Integrated Work Process
Adobe Premiere Pro is well integrated with other Adobe products.
With its integrated workflow interface, the team members can connect without getting out of the app through the Microsoft Team integration.
Managing the progress of work is very easy.
Hassle-Free video editing
Adobe Premiere Pro is a highly powerful video editor as it allows you to open a variety of projects at the same time.
You can switch between multiple clips and lift the scenes and clips from one project to another without having any lag.
Multiple File Format Support
Adobe Premiere Pro supports many native video formats so that you don’t need to convert your raw footage.
Subscription Plans of Adobe Premiere Pro
Is Adobe Premiere Pro good for beginners?
Adobe Premiere Pro is a very good video editor for professionals as well as aspiring video editors because it’s extremely versatile. Being an industry-standard video editor, numerous video tutorials and blogs are available to help new users learn the tools and features of Adobe Premiere pro.
Top Cheaper Alternatives to Adobe Premiere Pro
VideoPad (home edition price-$69.95)
VideoPad editor has a very neat interface and has plenty of features, though it is very limited as compared to the Premiere Pro. But it is far better than both Apple iMovie and Windows Movie Maker.
It also has abundant export options and a lot of useful tools and FX effects.
DaVinci Resolve (Price – $295 – one-time purchase)
DaVinci Resolve is one of the most popular video editing software suites in the professional scene, along with Premiere. There are two options for you to choose from.
Resolve – free to choose and use with limited features.
Resolve Studio – It is priced similarly to Premiere’s cheapest subscription plan.