There’s a constant development taking place in the ways individuals utilize search engines. Trends, new technologies, and how individuals engage with online settings daily may eclipse factors that were significant five years ago.
Google’s methods for filtering and ranking websites and pages change frequently, thus, a successful search engine optimization (SEO) plan should be flexible and easy to develop. If you’re not sure how to do that, you can consider contacting SEO services, such as Bowie SEO, for assistance and if you want to find out about the ways SEO can be incorporated into your overall marketing strategy.
Use these suggestions to boost your website’s SEO ranking as a starting point for your SEO strategy:
- Produce High-Quality Content
What exactly does it mean to have ‘high-quality content’?
High-quality content is what Google and real people find useful and shareable. High-quality content is anything that gets linked to, mentioned, or shared, provides actual solutions to real questions, or entertains people.
Making high-quality content needs some effort, especially when considering the fact that the concept of ‘quality’ is very subjective. Some individuals might see value in something that other people might consider to be completely pointless.
- Determine The Ideal Word Counts And Keyword Densities For Your Content
Each search engine result page is unique. While the solution to some questions can be found right away in a highlighted snippet, others are better addressed by sales pages that are between 500 and 1,000 words long. There are also questions that call for in-depth articles.
That being said, there’s no correct or incorrect word count to strive for because it’s wholly dependent on the search query and the pages that end up ranking highest for that query. On the other hand, if you get this wrong, the ranking will be incredibly tough for you.
- Invest Time In Acquiring High-Quality Backlinks
Google’s voting method is good backlinks. When a relevant website connects to your work, the search engine knows it’s valuable and should be ranked higher.
Backlinks aren’t created equally, however. Links from poorly performing websites may decrease your chances of making Google’s top ten.
Create content that others will want to connect to, or contact other website owners to exchange links. Contribute to a relevant blog on another website to build backlinks.
- Increase Your CTR
Your click-through rate (also known as CTR) is calculated by dividing the total number of individuals who see your website in a search engine’s results pages by the number of people who click on your website in those pages. It’s essential to have a high CTR since doing so proves to Google that your webpage is relevant and useful. In addition, your website will rank better in the search results if it’s of greater relevance and usefulness to its visitors.
There are a few things you can do to increase your click-through rate, including the following:
- Make use of titles that are descriptive and rich in keywords.
- Create meta descriptions that entice visitors to click on your result by writing compelling content.
- Make your website stand out in the search results by incorporating rich snippets.
- Most importantly, make it mobile-friendly.
- Check Your Website Speed
Website speed affects search engine rankings. Slow sites lose visitors. If your site takes more than three seconds to load, visitors will leave.
Some strategies to enhance page speed are as follows:
- Code has a big impact on the performance of your website, particularly when it comes to loading time. By optimizing your code (including removing unneeded characters), you can boost page speed.
- There are situations when users don’t have the connection that’s required to load your website in the most effective manner. If you have a program that enables compression, the size of the files on your website can be automatically reduced, allowing it to load much more quickly.
- Although image clarity is important, smaller images help speed up page loading. Size and quality must be balanced.
- Perform A Regular SEO Audit
Website audit evaluates the site. This assessment rates and ranks the site based on its search engine results. Do each step on the audit list and look for issues that need to be corrected or worked on. Check for SEO-related issues. If search engines can’t read your website’s pages, your hard work will be wasted. Regular website audits verify that it’s error-free and ‘Googleable.’
Improving SEO Ranking Without Penalty
In a nutshell, providing valuable content is the key to improving Google results without a penalty. You can also do the following:
- Understand your audience’s needs.
- Do research to find their long-tail keywords.
- Once you know their demands, you can develop great content to keep customers coming back.
If you want to increase the amount of traffic that’s going to your website, SEO should be one of your top priorities. It is important to bear in mind, however, that boosting your site’s SEO is an ongoing process, and you should explore a variety of SEO approaches in order to identify the ones that’ll produce the best results.
Kester Browne is the Director of SEO at Bowie SEO. He has been doing digital marketing and SEO for more than four years. When not engulfed in SEO or crafting websites, you can find him with his family, riding his bike, or relaxing in front of his aquarium.